Intro.& Question about the Rune of Darkness & Ressur

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Eroschilles wrote:
Wraith wrote:
The Darkness and Ressurection runes wouldn't be made until after the first time the Soul Eater was used in a major war. And the first time we know of that happening is in the Island Nations. So that's why they weren't in S4.

Well the Ressurection rune was in S1 and the Darkness wasn't. So its not that.
It's possible that the Darkness rune was a later development after the leader of the Liberation Army had the Soul Eater. Or there could have been localization issues with the Darkness rune in the Toran area.

I believe that the Ressurection rune stems from the Soul Eater and not the Night rune because of it's name and its spells. The reason its spells kills the undead well is because it gives life, which is kind-of the opposite of being undead. It's also has a spell that raises 'dead' teammates. And I think it has a healing spell as well.

I might not even sure if the Night rune is a true rune itself or something else entirely. I was under the impression that all true runes were equal in power, but if the Night rune governs things of the night, like vampires, it would be more powerful than the Cresent Moon rune.
The Resurrection runes name is a mistranslation. Its supposed to be called The Exorsism rune or something like that (Seal Evil Rune could also have been one of the translations) and the Night runes power is to destroy creatures of the night.
I might not even sure if the Night rune is a true rune itself or something else entirely. I was under the impression that all true runes were equal in power, but if the Night rune governs things of the night, like vampires, it would be more powerful than the Cresent Moon rune.
All True Runes ARE equal in power. The thing is that in the Zodiac sword form it seems to be weaker than it is. The Night rune can't be more powerfull than the Blue Moon Roon not only for that reason but also because the Blue Moon Rune only created vampires, so its not a vampire in itself so it isn't 'weak' to the Night Rune in that way.

EDIT: rofl I have 666 posts ^^
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

That still doesn't explain why it has healing type spells. I wouldn't imagine a lower tier version of the Night rune neading those. Unless the Ressurection had nothing to do with the Night rune or Soul Eater and was just a rune used by preists or monks. Banishing evil undead spirits and healing sounds like a stereotypical rune for a Buddhist monk. I believe the people have the Ressurection rune attached are monks. If it stemmed from the Night rune it be more likely to be on only those who hunt the undead.
Quote:

All True Runes ARE equal in power. The thing is that in the Zodiac sword form it seems to be weaker than it is. The Night rune can't be more powerfull than the Blue Moon Roon not only for that reason but also because the Blue Moon Rune only created vampires, so its not a vampire in itself so it isn't 'weak' to the Night Rune in that way.
But if the Night rune can 'kill' vampires, couldn't it theoretically kill the bearer of the Blue Moon rune since he/she would be a vampire? In my opinion, that would make the Night rune stronger than the Blue Moon rune. Unless the Night rune can kill all vampires except the bearer of the Blue Moon rune.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Eroschilles wrote:That still doesn't explain why it has healing type spells. I wouldn't imagine a lower tier version of the Night rune neading those. Unless the Ressurection had nothing to do with the Night rune or Soul Eater and was just a rune used by preists or monks. Banishing evil undead spirits and healing sounds like a stereotypical rune for a Buddhist monk. I believe the people have the Ressurection rune attached are monks. If it stemmed from the Night rune it be more likely to be on only those who hunt the undead.
Quote:

But if the Night rune can 'kill' vampires, couldn't it theoretically kill the bearer of the Blue Moon rune since he/she would be a vampire? In my opinion, that would make the Night rune stronger than the Blue Moon rune. Unless the Night rune can kill all vampires except the bearer of the Blue Moon rune.
No, the Night Rune can kill the bearer of the BMR. Still, the Soul Eaters healing power comes from draining energy/life from its enemy and the Exorsisme Rune heals like a nomral rune would. We don't know shoot about the Night Rune's other powers so it might as well posses healing powers.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

Wraith wrote:No, the Night Rune can kill the bearer of the BMR. Still, the Soul Eaters healing power comes from draining energy/life from its enemy and the Exorsisme Rune heals like a nomral rune would. We don't know shoot about the Night Rune's other powers so it might as well posses healing powers.
The Night rune being able to kill the bearer of the Blue Moon rune makes the Night rune stronger than the Blue Moon rune. All the true runes are supposed to equal in strength, so one being stronger than the other would cause an unbalance. Also, ressurecting a fallen comrade seems to me to be outside "normal" healing capacities. Since the Night rune governs the creatures of the night, one might assume that 'ressurecting' a comrade would make them a zombie or another kind of undead. The Rune of Life and Death has ressurected some one from the dead before though. It was a one time thing and had help from another true rune bearer and the 108 stars of destiny, but the Soul Eater was key in my opinion. Though the Ressurection rune may be adept at killing the undead and it's name is a mistranslation, I still believe it stems from the Soul Eater due to it's ability to bring life to unconscious/knocked-out/whatever that state is people.

It also makes me think that other runes could have sway over some runes. Like the Gate rune. The Gate rune has the ability to open a portal to other worlds. Is it just the World of Emptiness or does it include other worlds? If it includes other worlds, then it might include the World of Wing and Scales which would make the Gate rune have sway over the Dragon rune. The Dragon rune allows the existance of dragons in the Suikoden world, but if the dragons can be sent back to their own world, it detracts from the purpose of the Dragon rune.

I wonder if the True Water rune is stronger than the True Fire rune since water can put out fire.

But I'm inclined to believe that all the runes have an equal amount of power, so I'm confused by how there can exist one rune which basically only makes vampires and another rune that can fairly easily destroy those vampires. It would seem to me that would mean that the rune that governs creatures of the night, such as vampires, would also govern the rune that creates the vampires. How could the Blue Moon rune be a true rune if there exists a True Rune that appears to be stronger than it? One rune may not be a true rune. Or there is not enough information about the runes to say for certain.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I believe all the True Runes feed off of each other as they all exist in order to establish balance and harmony. Yes, the Night Rune has a power that allows it to lord over the creatures of night, but it can't create a vampire which the Blue Moon Rune can do.

Also, recall that the Night Rune could not destroy Neclord without the help of the Blue Moon Rune. So, eventhough it has the ability to take down a vampire it seems like it also needs assistance from the creator.

All True Runes seem to exist in a push and pull sort of relationship with a continuous cycle of give and take. No one True Rune is more powerful than the other, but it just seems like a check and balance system inherent to the natural flow of the Suikoden world.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I have a theorie about the exorsism Rune's healing power. I beleive the exorsism rune exorsises negative energy from a person to heal him/her. Also the Exorsism Rune dousn't ressurect people from death because the state that people in-game go in when their HP hits 0 is called K.O. So it just heals the incapacitated character rather than actually ressurecting it.

Also note that there are many other True Runes of wich we know nothing about. One of those might as wel be the Higher Tier of the Exorsism Rune.

Also note that The Dragon rune likely(not so sure) has the power to control dragons and summon them while the Gate Rune can create gates, and summon but not neccisarily control those monsters with the Gate Rune.

All of the 27 True Runes exist in balance. There is none that can destroy the other by their inherit power. They might, however, be able to destroy another True Rune by combining a True Rune with multiple others or by being wielded by someone who's extremely powerfull with magic (e.g. crowley perhaps.).
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

um, whats the exorcisim rune?

ive never heard of it
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Resurrection, exorcism, same thing.