Kooluk Map?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Lucent

Kooluk Map?

Post by Lucent »

Hello Suikosource~

I hate to toss out a request as a first post, but Sars is quite busy lately and can't directly help me what what I need ^^;

This is primarially for anyone who has an import copy of Rhapsodia. I was wondering if there was a full map of the Kooluk region shown in Rhapsodia, like how maps of Island Nations, Toran, Grasslands and others have been shown in previous Suikoden titles.

The main reason I ask this is that I am making an updated version of the Suikoden World Map featured on Suikox.com. I have been making adjustments to the Island Nations area, and would like to take into account information from Suikoden Tactics as far as the official shape of the Kooluk region and the way it connects to Toran.

If anyone could assist me with this by means of a digital camera photograph or perhaps a magazine scan or screenshot I haven;t been able to find I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for your time.
Nothing to see here, move along.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

It's nice how your making a map for Suikox :P But I can't help you, but here's just a word of advice. You shouldn't have an image in your signature, even if it looks as good as that..! If you don't take it off, a Moderator will, so just a little bit of a warning, oh, and welcome to Suikosource.
Lucent

Post by Lucent »

Oh, well, that's a good heads up D:

Thanks for that.

Oh, and the map isn't just for Suikox, it's for any Suikoden site to use, really. It's going to not only be an update to their map but will incorporate an ""old world" style with navigation lines, a nice compass rose and other artistic details ^-^
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Nice! Can't wait to see the end product; I hope you find someone to help you with the Kooluk map, good luck. (I'm sure the Mods won't find anything at all suspicious about your signature now. :wink: )
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Your avatar is also clearly above suikosource's limit.
Lucent

Post by Lucent »

The forum allows for avatars larger than the specified limits to be linked to? Usually they say "x image is larger than specified size" Blergh. I'll uh... huh... *fix*
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's due to the forum software not being able to limit avatar size. That is why the forum has rules, which every member must read and agree to when they register.
Lucent

Post by Lucent »

They don't mention avatar size though, and I just re-checked it to make sure ^_~. Of course I could've just read the 80x80 only thing in the avatar link section, but yeah I took the lazy approach.

But that's okay, no real harm done anyway :P
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the board rules mention everything sars stated

Lucent

Post by Lucent »

Ahh, I thought he meant the registration rules. But yeah, dead (and pretty derailed) horse now :x
Lucent

Post by Lucent »

Version 1 of the world map

Based on continental information that was snuck to us through some new Suikoden V videos that show a map of the known suikoden world I made this composite. Mind you there is about 20% conjecture on mountains and coastlines in the map and it is an amalgamation of the "game map" from Suikox.com and the canon maps found throughout the game.

Since I discussed this some time ago I thought I would show progress. This is not what the final product will look like, which will be more fashioned to resemble a cartographical chart (sans mountains) with navigation lines, compass rose etc. This was just a test of the map layout to see what I could do.

The map is public domain if you wish to use it for whatever purposes, just toss a line of credit or two my way (and let me know you're using it so I can see it~) if you decide to for whatever reasons.

The map is based off of the map from a recent Suikoden V video material (see below)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/ ... cap138.jpg

In a few weeks I'll get started on the cartographical version of the map, but for now enjoy this sample of things to come.

Edit by Oppenheimer: IMG tags are not allowed, only links to images. Thanks.
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

Nice map Lucent. I have always wondered what the Suikoden world looked like from all that know about it.
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Looks like sars was pretty much spot on. Either that or they took their version from sars :lol:
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

SuikoX did theirs based on hints dropped by Konami over the years though. But outside of the areas covered by the four games' maps and Falena's approximate location, they do have some significant differences.
Lucent

Post by Lucent »

Please note that the placement of mountain ranges not directly referenced in Suikoden I, II, III and V are totally conjecture and based on SuikoX's "Battle Map". The official world map does not feature mountains, only rivers.