Toran higher then Dunan ?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
linkerman88

Toran higher then Dunan ?

Post by linkerman88 »

Is Toran Higher then Dunan ?? ... As in Suikoden 2 ... we have to climb the rope ladders to reach the south ( or north ? ) border which Varkas lead us to Gregminster ??
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

No Idea. However, considering the fact that Lake Dunan's water flows through the Dunan River into Lake Toran, Lake Toran would have to be at a lower elevation than Lake Dunan (Dunan River can not flow into Lake Dunan, as evidenced by the fact that the sluice gates caused the river to dry out when it was closed).
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I've heard theories that the Banner Pass might be directly connected with the mountain region near Sarady, which would explain the need to use some of those rope ladders.
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

Well during our playtime in Suiko 1, the area around the Toran Lake is fertile and have lots of plains. There are only few mountains in Toran compared to Dunan, so Dunan must have had more highly elevated areas compared to the forest-rich Toran.
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
Stan

Post by Stan »

If you go to suikox.com, you can see a map drawn by some one about the Suikoden World and it will show you where all the places are. And to answer your question, Toran is to the South-East of Dunan which would make it lower.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

He's talking about the latitude of the land, not it's place on the world map. And that "someone" you're on about is Sars.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:He's talking about the latitude of the land, not it's place on the world map. And that "someone" you're on about is Sars.
And here's the link just in case someone stumbles on this thread:

http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.html

I'd also like to add that I wish I knew how SARS did it, I'd love to draw maps like that on the comp. My only problem with this map is that Harmonia is way too tiny (it's approx the size of Russia I believe).
rokkaku

Re: Toran higher then Dunan ?

Post by rokkaku »

hey, sorry if this case is closed already but upon reading your comments about the title of this topic..

you know guys i think that the 2 republic is just the same altitude why?

the route to gregminster from banner village, you guys said that toran is higher. but dont you think that maybe there's just

a mountain in between the 2 republic so they have climb..