Outlands

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Outlands

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

where's the outlands exactly in the north? (it's north of grassland). And is anything known about the Outlands besides that Thomas came from there?
Strategy is the key to victory!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but the Northern Outlands (or just the Outlands) are also known as the Nameless Lands.

Anyway, we don't know much about the Outlands. Boris Wizen (Ridley's son) went to an academy there, so there must be some sort of intelligence living there. Hanna hails from the Outlands, which shows that there are also warriors living in the Outlands. Hallec also comes from the Northern Outlands, so there are also barbarians in the Nameless Lands. We also know that Tuta and Mio went with Hallec at the end of Suikoden III to help his village out with disease and such. I am unsure if the Free Knights of Camaro reside within the Grasslands or the Nameless Lands, but that shows yet another aspect of the Nameless Lands: organization and civilization. Anita is also from the Nameless Lands; probably from another group entirely.

There are some topics that talked the Nameless Lands, to some depth.
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1375
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1712 (locked)
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

So it's a cluster of underdeveloped nations with distinct cultures(warriors, people, educational facility). I smell suikoden 5...
Strategy is the key to victory!
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

I believe that the outlands is a place where the power of the runes doesen't apply. It sounds like alot of brute strength has come out of the area in general. We have yet to know about runes and the correlation between the characters from there.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"Anita is also from the Nameless Lands; probably from another group entirely. "

She is? thats news to me.. I never heard of her being from the Nameless Lands, is the NL full of uncivilized people? meaning like Hallec and Hanna?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:She is? thats news to me.. I never heard of her being from the Nameless Lands, is the NL full of uncivilized people? meaning like Hallec and Hanna?
It's a theory. Or maybe it's just full of people whose names start with "Ha." :?
But seriously, Boris Wizen went to an academy there, like someone had already mentioned, so the area isn't completely without culture. I guess there's a chance that there could be a barbarian village or area that Hallec and Hanna come from, but it just seems like more of a coincidence that both of them seem uncivilized. And Hanna wasn't really all that bad.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

One things for sure, is there gotta be civilization there, being that Thomas is from there and theres an Academy there.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

Nameless Lands surely have civilization. I mean Boris and Thomas went there to study on an academy. So that's already something, isn't it?
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Why the hell are you responding to topic that hasn't been posted in for 6 months and only to restate what's been said many times before you?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Sometimes people have the urge to post something completely irrelevant just for the hell of it.

its called.. spamming. Sometimes even done on ancient topics such as this one.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Spamming aside, we do actually expect people to post in these "ancient" topics that have already touched that same subject, instead of creating a new one each time.

By the way, did Thomas really go to an academy there? Wasn't he simply lived there with his late mother all his life, before crashing at Vinay del Zexay?
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

My mistake. Only Boris went to an academy there, not Thomas.

FYI, I'm not spamming. I just got interested with this "ancient" topic so I posted something in here. So please, don't be so furious about it. And as the mod said, they're expecting some people to post even in "ancient" topics like this one.
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I suppose its better than making a new thread... And yeah I spam as well. But what you did was simply bumping a topic and not saying anything new or constructive and just make it look that way to a certain extent. Lets just get back on topic.

Like said before it appears that there are tribes of Barbarians there. Even so there also seems to be a university there. I wonder how the politic is.

But seriously: we don't have enough information to get a good overview of the country.
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

Sorry. I do that most of time. Bumping. My mind was empty at the time I posted it. Well anyways, let's just hope future Suikoden installments will clear up issues like this one. :wink:
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Also, during the cook-offs in Suikoden II, Barbara is poisoned from the extracted venoms of multiple rare spiders from the Outlands. I'm not sure what we can gather from that, but it's something.