Why was Kooluk never mentioned in previous Suikodens?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Maybe with the fall of El-Eal, Kooluk was pretty ruffly invaded by all of its neighbours taking back areas or taking new areas. Heck maybe the elven forest and dwarven cavern in S1 is old Kooluk territory! Or Kooluk maybe joined the island union or simular.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"The same could be for other unknown lands, such as Kanakan and the Nameless Lands."

Yes but only, we knew about Kanakan and the Nameless Lands.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
TheBoundlessDream

"Elenor just asked for wine from Kanakan, that doesn't mean she went there."

Right, hell Viktor said the same thing to Annabelle, dont think he's been there, but Son Michael may not be completely wrong, I mean she could have been there, she IS a Silverburg after all.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:"Elenor just asked for wine from Kanakan, that doesn't mean she went there."

Right, hell Viktor said the same thing to Annabelle, dont think he's been there, but Son Michael may not be completely wrong, I mean she could have been there, she IS a Silverburg after all.
The Kanakan wine is everywhere it is always mentioned somewere in the world.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Funny how the alcohol is the only context Kanakan is ever really mentioned for. I think it was SARSadmin who pointed out that the area's only redeeming quality is the quality of their booze. That place sounds like a good party though.
TheBoundlessDream

"That place sounds like a good party though"

Hahaha, no kiddin, right? and thats where Templeton is from.

Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Kirke wrote:Funny how the alcohol is the only context Kanakan is ever really mentioned for. I think it was SARSadmin who pointed out that the area's only redeeming quality is the quality of their booze. That place sounds like a good party though.
But it's like that for real to, What is Swissland known for more then cheese? :wink: Or Russia more then communists and Vodka.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Well, Switzerland has watches, chocolate, utility knives, and bank accounts, but you have a good point. For example, Sweden only exports furniture and lingonberries, right? :wink:

I don't think this has been mentioned before, but what about the "Southlands?" You know, the area that Wakaba, L.C. Chan, Shin, and Kasim Hazil are from. It's feasible that the people of Toran and Dunan just call Kooluk "the Southlands," especially 150 years later.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Kirke wrote:It's feasible that the people of Toran and Dunan just call Kooluk "the Southlands," especially 150 years later.
That is a very good point Kirke that everywhere south of Toran could be called the Southlands, but what about characters from Suikoden 2 like Amada who is specifically from the Island Nations and Lorelai and Killey who are from Falena and not the Southlands - which could be seen as the Nameless Lands of the south.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I always thought the Southlands would refer to the remains of Kooluk on the southern part of the conteninet. Unless there will be an explanation if Kooluk is still an empire.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Kirke wrote:Well, Switzerland has watches, chocolate, utility knives, and bank accounts, but you have a good point. For example, Sweden only exports furniture and lingonberries, right? :wink:

I don't think this has been mentioned before, but what about the "Southlands?" You know, the area that Wakaba, L.C. Chan, Shin, and Kasim Hazil are from. It's feasible that the people of Toran and Dunan just call Kooluk "the Southlands," especially 150 years later.
haha may so be!

Well, I wonder, maybe they do.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Does anybody else think that Samus is from what's left of Kooluk? I was reading his investigation recently and it said that he was from an area near the southern seas. Just a thought.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
nach0king

Post by nach0king »

It could simply be the case that Koluk was inaccessible due to war and distance in the time of the other 3 games?

Of course, the most logical explanation is that it's simply a new plot twist added in by new game writers. But that might be the explanation offered by them.
Do you have business in my vault?
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well they did become weak after island nations war I think losing a big southern fort and many o good people like Cray,Troy and Colton and a governor. Mayb Scarlet moon empire under some kind of "aggresive establish meant of the southern borders" was made to secure the southern area and not have a common enemy there they took it all from them.