Northwind, Wakaba Inn

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Hxc Flavor

Northwind, Wakaba Inn

Post by Hxc Flavor »

In the Geography section, North Window is called Northwind, is this correct or a mistake.

Also it says that the Inn in Two River is called the Wakaba Inn, any connection with the character?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Probably renamed after the Dunan war in suiko 2
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I believe Victor refers to it as Northwind in Suikoden I. It was changed to "Window" in II.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Im guessing it was another error on the translator's part.

But Wakaba Inn ?? CraAaAaAzY
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I always figured it was more of an artistic license than anything. "North Window," with out the context of having a South Window, seems like a silly name for a town. I would guess the translators switched it to Northwind because it sounded cooler, without knowing that it would be material to the second game.

Then again, you may be right. The translators have been known to screw up dozens of times in the past...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

In the NTSC U/C version Fitcher calls the inn of Two River the "New Leaf" Inn. Although that could be a translation error, "New Leaf" is probably the actual name, and not "Wakaba." Even if the name is "Wakaba," it probably has no relation to the character Wakaba, much like Qlon Temple and the character Qlon in Suikoden I.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I just thought it funny that the name of the Inn shared the name with the character. Maybe the developers did it on purpose.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Jowy Atreides wrote:In the NTSC U/C version Fitcher calls the inn of Two River the "New Leaf" Inn.
He also says that in the PAL version as well.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Sorry, I didn't read that it was in Two rive and thought it was in forest village.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.