Rune location

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
White Lightning

Rune location

Post by White Lightning »

I'm not sure at all where to put the question, as it's not character specific, nor is it a theory of any kind (that I'm aware of). But I was wondering if anyone knew on what side of the hands the runes are visible. Are they on the palm or the back of the hand? I never could figure this out.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

It hasn't ever been shown persay, but in Hoi's recruitment the people noticed the rune rubbing off his palm, so I assume that is where they are.

Then again Hoi is an idiot and could have gotten that wrong aswell.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

it's at the back of the hand. u can know it if u read the manga ...
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

In game you can get them on your hands(paws) or forehead, but in the actual suikoden world, you can bear the rune more or less anywhere. It's just more useful to have it at immediate access at those three points.

after all, does not Crowley have 100 runes upon his body? one has to wonder how he has them arranged so as to be usefully accessible to him.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

there is already a thread about crowley and his 100 runes, please take it there.

and i think the symbols on the runes are on the palm, since most people would be able to see it on the back of hero2's hand but since they ask him to show them his hand i think they need to see the palm, since thats where it is.

sorry for the nonsense of my post.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Runes are basically tattoos, right? so essentially you could bear a rune anywhere on your body. admittedly runes are the only tattoos that come from, and can return to, containment crystals, but the basic idea is the same.

the fact that they're located on the hands, like i said before, is probably for better accessibility for that person to use them.

an acrobat could have runes on his hands,feet, and head, and in a cartwheel set all 5 off.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
KQswst104

Post by KQswst104 »

Its been awhile since I played Suiko3, but didn't they show the rune being on the back of the hand in the game?
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

It shows the Rune of Punishment on the back of the Hero4's hand and Glens.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

KQswst104 wrote:Its been awhile since I played Suiko3, but didn't they show the rune being on the back of the hand in the game?
Runes locations weren't showed in S3. I still think the location of most people's rune is on the palm of their hand and with some on the back..

BTW I asked the very same question a long time ago
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

since they can probably be located anywhere, i believe that for our heroes in the past suikodens there have been some with the rune on the palm, some with the rune on the other side...

i remember specifically Geddoe opened his palm to reveal his True Lightning Rune to Joker. he had a glove on, but the energy glow stuff was coming from the palm.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I suppose a rune's insignia could be anywhere on the body, however.

<_< I didn't notice that you said exactly that until after I posted, Crispy.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

YEah the runes can be everywhere but when it is embeded in teh hand it seems that most people get it on tehir palms.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Riou's bright shield was on his palm.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."