The Most Devastating War in suikoden

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

In side a battle in s4 when the power of punishment rune is realsed would be very very terriably!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Judging from how the original FC talked about the 50 year ceasefire, it seemed as though he proposed the idea and Harmonia accepted, not the other way around.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

yea he proposed the 50-year cease-fire so that he could spend that time with Sanae while also secretly removing the true fire rune from his hand (Harmonia didn't know this or else they would have invaded again). The 50 years was a cover for him and Sanae. Harmonia accepted this cause they were scared to death of the Flame Champion with his True Fire Rune.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:yea he proposed the 50-year cease-fire so that he could spend that time with Sanae while also secretly removing the true fire rune from his hand (Harmonia didn't know this or else they would have invaded again). The 50 years was a cover for him and Sanae. Harmonia accepted this cause they were scared to death of the Flame Champion with his True Fire Rune.
Wussys! Why didnt he split up the futile empire then? That Hikuudak or what now there leader is called might be dead! And then there is no super man to save them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

basically harmonia was so terrified of the true fire rune that they decided they would rather have peace and wait until they could figure something out but little did they know that whole fire explosion thing was just an accident and the flame champion couldnt control the rune, if they knew that they wouldve pursued the war, thinking the flame champion was no threat if he couldnt master the rune

The flame champion was a mess, he couldnt control his rune and he just killed countless grasslanders, he wouldnt of been able to continue fighting them so when harmonia proposed a treaty that was exactly want the flame champion wanted, to have peace and freedom in the grasslands and not only that, now the flame champion can get rid of his rune and return to his normal life since harmonia thinks if they try anything the flame champ will roast em
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

son_michael wrote:basically harmonia was so terrified of the true fire rune that they decided they would rather have peace and wait until they could figure something out but little did they know that whole fire explosion thing was just an accident and the flame champion couldnt control the rune, if they knew that they wouldve pursued the war, thinking the flame champion was no threat if he couldnt master the rune

The flame champion was a mess, he couldnt control his rune and he just killed countless grasslanders, he wouldnt of been able to continue fighting them so when harmonia proposed a treaty that was exactly want the flame champion wanted, to have peace and freedom in the grasslands and not only that, now the flame champion can get rid of his rune and return to his normal life since harmonia thinks if they try anything the flame champ will roast em
Hmm, thats sounds good :) But if we dont list true runes, What would be the most bloody battle ever?
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Why would Harmonia be so scared of the FC? he's only one man.

I have to say the Dunan unifacation war was the most devastating.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:Why would Harmonia be so scared of the FC? he's only one man.

I think that they're more afraid of his Rune than him.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:Why would Harmonia be so scared of the FC? he's only one man.

Because whose ever afraid of one man?

::Luca Blight::

"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
gino23

Post by gino23 »

LUca was a bloodthirsty mofo.

Is highland still a kingdom, what ever happened to highland anywayz?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

gino23 wrote:LUca was a bloodthirsty mofo.

Is highland still a kingdom, what ever happened to highland anywayz?
The highland kingdom died with it's last king, Jowy Blight.(I mean that metaphorically, Jowy is not really dead, but HIghland is)

There was the higheast rebellion to try and re-establish the kingdom of highland but that didn't go too well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

After the Unification War Highland was absorbed into Dunan and renamed the Higheast Province. And, as Angelis said, they rebelled with help from Harmonia, but lost.
Spanish Seed

Post by Spanish Seed »

Dunan Unification war was most devastating. Luca massacred the Unicorn Brigade. Toto & Ryube, were both destroyed by Luca Blight & minions. Muse lost about 2/3 of the population from the sacrifice to the Beast Rune. Southwidow lost their mayor Granmeyer who was executed by Solon Jhee. Other places were held under siege by Highlanders. Matilda Knights also took a hit when Gorudo didn't believe anything Miklotov told him about Muse. This forced Miklotov who led Blue Knights to quit and also made Camus led Red Knights to quit. Matilda eventually gave up to Highland for independence (cowards)
omega_ultima_777

Post by omega_ultima_777 »

Yes.I agree with spanish seed.The dunan unification war was the most devastating war IMO.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

I figured they were all devastating. The Dunan Unification is however, the easiest to see as a devatating war because you actually see first hand the slaughter that occurs specifically in Toto(?) and Muse unlike in Suiko 1 where you simply walked back into "burnt trees" ;)