Origins of Suikoden clothing

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
silvershadow27

Post by silvershadow27 »

Clive + Elza are assassins ( long capes and hoods ) . The crest on Fred's armour must be Eatern European ( the bird ) . 8)
2005 NLE CHAMPS- THE MIGHTY MARLINS!

mail me! silverphoenix741@yahoo.com
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

silvershadow27 wrote:Clive + Elza are assassins ( long capes and hoods ) . The crest on Fred's armour must be Eatern European ( the bird ) . 8)
It looks like a Phoenix to me. I know I saw it before somewhere. Anybody knows the knights that have a Phoenix on their crest? It should be in the history books but I can't put my finger on it.

I think Suikoden is trying to get Jeane to take off all her clothes at a point. The one in four have more straps then cloth. Sooner or later, Jeane will be wearing only a postage stamp sized bra and a tiny loin cloth.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

kuroinekokun wrote:
silvershadow27 wrote:Clive + Elza are assassins ( long capes and hoods ) . The crest on Fred's armour must be Eatern European ( the bird ) . 8)
It looks like a Phoenix to me. I know I saw it before somewhere. Anybody knows the knights that have a Phoenix on their crest? It should be in the history books but I can't put my finger on it.

I think Suikoden is trying to get Jeane to take off all her clothes at a point. The one in four have more straps then cloth. Sooner or later, Jeane will be wearing only a postage stamp sized bra and a tiny loin cloth.
Hehe, I suddenly can't wait for the sequel. :twisted:

But seriously they are getting a bit overboard with Jeane's clothing, do they have to make her even hotter, we're drooling enough as it is.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Drei

Post by Drei »

best clothes..umm...i love viki's dress from s3 and sierra's dress, also jillia's. Albert's coat is also my favourite and i always adore seed's coat... :oops:
"...we are ready to die as we are ready to draw our swords..."
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

My favourite costume would have to be Clive's in Suikoden I & II. Also, anything Lorelai wears... :P 8) :P
Angel_Of_The_Abyss

Post by Angel_Of_The_Abyss »

My favourite characters clothing is Killey and Lebrante from 2, Luc and Yuber from 3, Snowes pirate outfit and Brandeau from 4
Zoric

Post by Zoric »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
I won't even pretend to know anything about French culture but Harmonia seems strongly influenced by French culture in the real world.

If you're talking about all the political corruption then, yes, I would say you are right. (More notably the Napoleanic Empire)
"Coward! The commander is the last to leave!"

Stars of Suikoden - The Legendary RP Board has returned! http://starsos.ath.cx
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Zoric wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:
I won't even pretend to know anything about French culture but Harmonia seems strongly influenced by French culture in the real world.

If you're talking about all the political corruption then, yes, I would say you are right. (More notably the Napoleanic Empire)
We're talking about their clothes as well. The Suikoden world culture have many influences from the world. The most noticable is the narcissists' and their eccentric style of clothing, obvious of it being from European influence.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
the_green_lamp

Post by the_green_lamp »

Yah, I think that Chris's groups armor is Italian, with the curves and such. I did get annoyed though, I wish they all would have changed to street clothes when you get them, like Chris did. :P
"In brightest day, In blackest night ,no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evils might, beware my power green lanterns light!"
-Oath of Hal Jordan, Champion of Oa, GL
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

silvershadow27 wrote:
Clive + Elza are assassins ( long capes and hoods ) . The crest on Fred's armour must be Eatern European ( the bird ) .

The Pheonix is just the sign of the Maximilian Knights I don't think they had any influence other than the Greek Myth of the Pheonix.It was Greek wasn't it?
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

What about the Alma Kinan? They have natureish patterns and clothing much like their surroundings and their clothing seems thick to keep them warm yet it is revealing and tighter fitting as well. Also since they seem to have thick socks with their almost moccasin thick leathery boots, which makes me want to say some Alaskan but it's probably some colder European area that I do not know of, lol. But yeah, I agree a lot of the character's clothing are mashes amoung clothing of different cultures, timelines and imagination all at the same time. I do like Suikoden III's artwork the most though as well, because of her style of drawing and coloring that appeals to me more.
Terra Black

Post by Terra Black »

I Love how clothes looks in the suikoden series and well I guess it's a mix of ountries,cultures and times^-^
I like Sierra's clothes and many more.

So who do you all think is the biggest fashion crime guy or girl in the serie??
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I think the Harmonian's outfits come from the Prussian military dress.

Two River's outfits seem to me to come from mid 18th century wear from Europe. Not what the aristocracy wore, but the middle class. As do alot of other groups in Suikoden.

The narcasists come from 17th century France. Their outfits scream Loius XIV.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

the_green_lamp wrote:Yah, I think that Chris's groups armor is Italian, with the curves and such. I did get annoyed though, I wish they all would have changed to street clothes when you get them, like Chris did. :P
Yes, Chris' armor and the Capital Vinay Del Zexay were based on the Italian renaissance. It could even be Spanish, I suppose.
Source: http://www.suikox.com/geo/grasslands.php#zexen
Wraith wrote:The Pheonix is just the sign of the Maximilian Knights I don't think they had any influence other than the Greek Myth of the Pheonix.It was Greek wasn't it?
It was Egyptian, but you were close. :D

also, at first I thought that Karaya's clothes were supposed to be somewhat Native American, but it turns out that they're Bulgarian, and the rest of their culture is a mix of Native american tribes.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well the Maximilain Knights probably didn't have anything to do with the Mythical Pheonix but perhaps it a metaphor how the Knights seem to just keep coming back and appearing during these conflicts. As much as Jeane and Viki do at any rate. You have Max in the first two Suikodens, Fred in the third and Gary for the fourth. Though V will probably be the first without them.

I've always liked seeing diversity of clothing and architectural styles in the game.