Tinto

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
True Wind Bearer

Tinto

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Is Tinto its own nation? Seperated from Dunan and the Grasslands? And is its President, Gustav?
jowy_jillia

Post by jowy_jillia »

Yes Tinto is a own nation. After the Dunan Unifaction War them be a own nation the City-States Of Tinto
True Wind Bearer

Oh, so during the Dunan Unification Wars, they were part of the City-State of Jowston?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

After the Dunan Unification War they became the "Republic of Tinto".
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
True Wind Bearer

What's the reason behind this?
Why did they choose to become their own nation?
Viki

Post by Viki »

It may probably be something to do another game. Or else they just decided to leave it alone don't forget that region was always selfish and aroggant.
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Tinto was always the most arrogant and selfish one of the City States of Jowston. I'm betting they wanted to separate for a while. The fact that they have had wars with both Zexen and Grasslands to get more territory really shows how greedy they are.
Hmm...
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Geographically, they are the most seperated from the other City States because it has a natural moutain boundaries.

Therefore, should a war happen, it is very difficult to supply troops to them as mentioned by Shu during the Neclord mission. Plus, there is a big difference in culture in Tinto ( all those miners). So, I am not surprised if Tinto wanted to be on their own since they do not get full benefits of becoming 1 with the Alliance.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

To add,since Tinto did'nt supply any of it's troops during Highland's attacks on Muse and Greenhill in the begining, as well as closing it's borders during the earlier parts of the Dunan Unification War proved they only cared about themselves and not the alliance as a whole.

Besides I think Tinto felt they had enough resources (mining and trading) to become independent from Dunan and expand their borders (thus thier border skirmishes with Zexen)
Last edited by RageRune on Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Tinto's concerns have always been different to the rest of Dunan's due to their location, so they obviously felt they could address their problems best on their own rather than going through a political system dictated from Muse.
True Wind Bearer

Tinto always annoyed me, and so did Gustav :evil: . I much prefer Granmeyer, very wise and smart about war.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why Gustav separated Tinto from Dunan was because of Riou's decision to leave Dunan. Gustav felt that Riou was the only one who would be able to unite Jowston and lead them fairly. Added with the not-so-good relationships between Gustav and Teresa (Riou's successor), it would only be natural that Gustav requested the separation.

And one thing to keep in mind is that despite the separation, the two nations kept good relationships with one another.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

True Wind Bearer wrote:Tinto always annoyed me, and so did Gustav :evil: . I much prefer Granmeyer, very wise and smart about war.
Well, Gustav had his reasons and it was for the benefit for his people of Tinto. As for Granmeyer, I wouldn't say he is really that smart. His head was cut off and hung on the walls by Solon Jhee without a strike being blown. =.="
True Wind Bearer

But he is smart enough to avoid unnecessary blood-shed. Such as the Muse incident, although that was a tad selfish, but his heart was in the right place.
His head was cut off and hung on the walls by Solon Jhee without a strike being blown. =.="
Damn that Solon Jhee. ^.^