Caleria Question (Suikoden III)

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Caleria Question (Suikoden III)

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Generally speaking, would Caleria be classified as a town or a military installation?

Small question, but that's all I need to ask.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I think it's more of a border-mercenary for than anything else. But it's also known to be a trading citadel for Harmonia's southern border, so it could be both a military and town place.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

It is the center of Trade for both Dunan and Grasslands/Zexen into Harmonia. Everything that came from those locations had to go through Caleria at some point. It is also a Mercenary town since the Harmonia Souther Frontier Defense Units have their Headquarters here. SO yeah, in times of peace it is a trade center and in times of war it becomes a mercenary town. We do see Sasarai reunite his troops at Caleria before going to Grasslands.
Hmm...
DeathChaser

Post by DeathChaser »

From what i see in Suikoden 3 its a heavily fortified town...but still a town .There are many examples in Suiko world like the one in Caleria..like Kyaro Village..on its western part it has military training area..or Rockaxe castle i dont know if im spelling it right the Matilda Knightdoms Capital City but it has large large area for Knights to assemble and train . there are many many more examples ..Capital of foremer Highland Kingdom was like that too.
What ?Wo are you..