The forest of illusion and Pannu Yakuta

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
The Black Knight

The forest of illusion and Pannu Yakuta

Post by The Black Knight »

IS - 80: The Great Contract
"The Great Contract" was issued between Kobolds, Dwarves, and Elves in the Great Forest to set boundaries between each group. Following this, the "Six Wise Men of the Forest" cast a spell on the Forest of Moran, creating the Forest of Illusion to keep the Great Forest protected from the outside world.
Forest of Illusion
The magic placed on the Forest of Illusion was woven by the "Six Wise Men of the Forest" after the Great Contract was signed between the races. Due to this magic and the Scarlet Moon Empire's policy of keeping the Great Forest a secret, common people did not know of the existence of dwarves, elves, and kobolds. The forest has been a haven for animals due to the magical ward, but the ward was broken after Lukiae Ende Towayo (Village of the Elves) was destroyed. Since then, humans have started to enter the forest.
-Suikox.com

It says after the Village of elves is destroyed humans start going into the great forest.

But wasnt Pannu Yakuta there before the the village of elves was destroyed?

How did humans get into the great forest?
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Some humans live in the Great Forest as well. This can be seen with the Blacksmith in the Dwarven village.

There were probably some humans who knew the trick to getting inside and they helped Kwanda and his army get inside.

Even SARSadmin doesn't know how Kwanda got in there. This is his guess of what happened.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jowy blight

Post by jowy blight »

maybe windy helped him to go inside great forest
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

jowy blight wrote:maybe windy helped him to go inside great forest
Auctually Barbarossa used Panna Yakuta as his HQ during the war of Succesion.

Unless im mistaken Windy wasnt in the SME yet.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

The trick was probably leaked out, or the castle was built before the spell was cast?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

I reckoned that Panna Yakuta has been built for a very long time. The timeline guide at Suikosource has stated the time of Morovia and Scarletica were built but did not mention of Panna Yakuta.

The castle itself could have been there for a long time.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Well, I'd assume if Barbarossa took the Dragon King Sword with him then the magic of the forest would be rendered null so maybe it's the blessing of the Soverign Rune over Barbarossa's main officers?
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

I heard Pannu Yakuta was a Sindar Ruin that is why it was there for a long time..
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Judgement of Lorelai wrote:I heard Pannu Yakuta was a Sindar Ruin that is why it was there for a long time..
Pannu Yakuta was built on a ruin, said to be Sindaran in origin, yes. But the ruin itself is now long gone.
ReikenGaryu

Post by ReikenGaryu »

Pannu Yakuta was built during the war, and there's a forest to the south. Who says they didn't cross that forest, instead of the magical one?
Judgement of Lorelai

Vincent of Scarlet Moon wrote:
Judgement of Lorelai wrote:I heard Pannu Yakuta was a Sindar Ruin that is why it was there for a long time..
Pannu Yakuta was built on a ruin, said to be Sindaran in origin, yes. But the ruin itself is now long gone.
True, yes that'swhat i was looking for.. But the name was maintained I guess..
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I personally think that it was a Sindar Ruin.
I think they should have made a couple more of them, to go in depth about the history and background of the Sindar and the Rune of Change, but they will probably cover that in a future Suikoden installment.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Now that I wonder, didn't Dwarves sold weapons and armor to SME? All we can do is guess who let them in.
Hmm...
Judgement of Lorelai

SME and dwarves have an agreement that is why dwarves let 'em in.. I just think SME grants 'em autonomy in exchange for arms supply..
Remo

Post by Remo »

Perhaps Dragon Knights helped SME get through this forest.