Geography

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Id

Geography

Post by Id »

It seemed to me that the Grasslands were situated directly east of Dunan, or a little south east, but in Suikoden III there is Harmonian southern fringe troops in the very south of the Grasslands, and it seems that Tinto is even further south, I was wondering where exactly the grasslands fit in, because it looks like they changed it after suikoden II
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

The grasslands are situated sort of south east of Harmonia

And east of Dunan and Tinto.

Check it out in this map - http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.html
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

grassland looks like it's a little north east of dunan and somewhat directly above tinto.

caleria look abit like tinto(sandy ground,mountainous region)..probably just south of caleria..you can reach tinto..
Id

Post by Id »

I'm not gonna trust a map someone drew. In the Suikoden 2 map it looks like grassland is situated directly east of Dunan, and Harmonia is far north of Dunan, and yet Caleria is in the very south of Grasslands and there's Harmonia troops there.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

This map may not be entireky correct. In Suikoden IV I think Elenor says something about Kanakkan being to the south, that would be south of the island nations. If anyone knows for sure could they let us know?
And to Konami: Release a world map!
Thanks.

SK
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

A World Map really would be great, to include Dunan, Toran Republic, Grasslands, Great Sea, Harmonia, Falena, Nameless Lands etc.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You guys have your east/west screwed up. If Grassland is to the east, it would be in the ocean.

Konami has stated that Grassland is located west of Harmonia, while it is located northwest of Dunan. The map I drew for suikox.com is based on that information. Konami has also stated that the Kanakan region exists in the southern fringes of Toran, which still doesn't tell us where exactly it is located.
True Wind Bearer

You guys have your east/west screwed up. If Grassland is to the east, it would be in the ocean.
LoL. I always get them mixed up, too.
The map I drew for suikox.com is based on that information.
Well done on that map, by the way, very good, I go to it for reference every time I get confused about the Geography of Suikoden. By the way, is the land of Suikoden called Suiko?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nope, "Suiko" simply means "lake-shore" or "marsh." Thus, the "Suiko Map" refers to "Map of the lake area." The world itself has no name, just like how our world has no name.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Hey SARS I can ask if you're going to update that map to inculde the location of the Island Nations. I mean I know you got Island Nations down there, but like update the map to show the location of Obel,Na-Nal,Gaien,Razril,etc.

Anyway good job on the map. I always thought the Grasslands were Northwest too, since Tinto is to the south of it. And I guess you can't put Kooluk on there either since it is'nt known whether it still is a country or if it turned into the Southlands.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oh yeah, I never did update "that" map did I.
It's already done, but the imagemap itself is not complete yet.
You can see the picture itself in the following link, though.

http://suikox.com/geo/worldmap22.jpg
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Just to confirm something, dude. Most of the Falena section is conjecture right? Save for the section that we do see on the Suikoden IV map, I mean.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, conjecture, but it's confirmed they exist to the south of the Island nations, and the official S4 map shows a fraction of a landmass to the southwet of Gaien, which I simply took advantage of .
True Wind Bearer

Question, I know the Island Nations are south of the Toran Republic, but are they countewd in the Great Sea?
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

They were, as far as I know. But don't be surprised if that's changed now that they seem to be located in a realitivly non-Great Sea sized body of water between South Toran and North Falena.