The Island Nations

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Holly Spirit

The Island Nations

Post by Holly Spirit »

The term is Island Nations meaning there are many nations comprising it.
We know there's the Dukedom of Gaien, Kingdom of Obel and the Kooluk Empire.

Several things:
Razril and Middleport are part of Gaien?
What about Iluya, Nay and Na-nal? Are these part of Obel?
What about the Donut Island, the Deserted Island, Nest of Pirates, the Hermitage Island, the Limestone Island, and the Mountain Island?

Is the Kooluk Empire part of the continent where Toran is located? Does the Kooluuk Empire occupy a big chunk of land that can pass for an island?
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: The Island Nations

Post by Vextor »

Holly Spirit wrote:The term is Island Nations meaning there are many nations comprising it.
We know there's the Dukedom of Gaien, Kingdom of Obel and the Kooluk Empire.

Several things:
Razril and Middleport are part of Gaien?
Razril is a part of Gaien. Middleport is an independent state.
Nope, they are all independent states.
What about the Donut Island, the Deserted Island, Nest of Pirates, the Hermitage Island, the Limestone Island, and the Mountain Island?
These islands are not claimed by any government.
Is the Kooluk Empire part of the continent where Toran is located? Does the Kooluuk Empire occupy a big chunk of land that can pass for an island?
Kooluk doesn't own any big island, and it is located on the same continent as Toran.
Holly Spirit

Post by Holly Spirit »

Oh I see. So if Nay is an independent state, does it mean that the Kobold settlement and human part of the island are under one form of government?

It appears to me that Middleport is run by an Aristocracy. So, what is the form of government in Middleport?

What about Iluya and Na-Nal? What is its form of governance?

Besides these Islands, are there any more Island States that we can visit in the game?

One more thing, can we actually visit a part of the mainland of the Dukedom of Gaien in the game?
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

No, you can't. Which is annoying.

I thought you would be able to when I started the game, and I thought you might be able to if you got the 108 stars.

Disappointing.
Lino_En_Kuldes

Post by Lino_En_Kuldes »

yeah it sucks that u can see where the mainland is u just cant get to it because those damn invisible barriers
TheNeclord

Post by TheNeclord »

Holly Spirit wrote:Oh I see. So if Nay is an independent state, does it mean that the Kobold settlement and human part of the island are under one form of government?
Well the human part has an island chief, the Nay Kobold part didnt, so its my guess that its ruled as one government. However it could be like Na Nal where the humans do what they want and the elves do what they want.
Holly Spirit wrote: Besides these Islands, are there any more Island States that we can visit in the game?
No.
Holly Spirit wrote: One more thing, can we actually visit a part of the mainland of the Dukedom of Gaien in the game?
No and I was very disappointed about that. As far as your questions about the governments of the islands, i dont know if you have found an answer yet but with the exception of Gaien which is a Dukedom and Obel which is a Kingdom, Nay and Na Nal just have Island chiefs so i dont think its much deeper than that, Like Karaya
Sir Troy

Re: The Island Nations

Post by Sir Troy »

SARSadmin wrote:
Nope, they are all independent states.
But, at the end of game they've become one State(Island nation federation I think). Remeber Lino's speech, and there were leader's of those islands.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Stupid Lino, forcing everyone to become one state. What really sux is the 'Tenkou' star of this one didn't even try to become leader. Nobody really close to you dies in this one, another drawback, and if someone did die, it should have been Lino. As Lino dies, he should tell you you're his son, therefore you take over the throne and become leader--just like the good old suikoden days... :cry:
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That would have happened if they didn't assume that the Rune already took the Hero's life after what happened in El-Eal and sent him away.
Sir Troy

Post by Sir Troy »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Stupid Lino, forcing everyone to become one state. What really sux is the 'Tenkou' star of this one didn't even try to become leader. Nobody really close to you dies in this one, another drawback, and if someone did die, it should have been Lino. As Lino dies, he should tell you you're his son, therefore you take over the throne and become leader--just like the good old suikoden days... :cry:
But does Razril belong to that state? At the end of game it was said that Razril become independent of Gaien, so are they become one state, or also belong to Island Nation federation?
Menelquar

razril

Post by Menelquar »

Razril becomes independent of Gaien after the war is over. It also becomes a state of the Island Nation Federation. If you notice Katarina becomes the Commander of the Knights of Razril instead of the Knights of Gaien.
"Failure is the key to success; Each mistake teaches us something." -Morihei Ueshiba, Founder of Aikido
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Stupid Lino, forcing everyone to become one state. What really sux is the 'Tenkou' star of this one didn't even try to become leader. Nobody really close to you dies in this one, another drawback, and if someone did die, it should have been Lino. As Lino dies, he should tell you you're his son, therefore you take over the throne and become leader--just like the good old suikoden days... :cry:
In the first place, Lino En Kuldes doesn't know the Hero was his son, but I agree. Tir had Gremio, Riou had Nanami, Hugo had Lulu, Chris had Yun and Jimba, but the Hero had nil.

So is Gaien included in the unified state of Island Nations?
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Seeing as how the Vingerhuts are no longer the ruling family in Razril I would say it is almost obvious Katarina(Who is most likely the new leader of Razril). Since Katarina (And also her new Vice-Commander Kenneth) fought alongside the rest of the Island Nations forces I would actually find it odd if Razril WASN'T part of the Island Nations Federation.

And to answer The above question. No, Gaien is not part of the Island Nations Fedearation. They seem to be fairly inactive which leaves much room to speculate.
Hmm...
jeane is the coolest char

Re: razril

Post by jeane is the coolest char »

Menelquar wrote:Razril becomes independent of Gaien after the war is over. It also becomes a state of the Island Nation Federation. If you notice Katarina becomes the Commander of the Knights of Razril instead of the Knights of Gaien.
Will there conflic between the Island Nations and Gaien due to one of Gaien's states defecting into the Island Nations Federation?
i have bad grammer >.<
Jeane is my hero
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

They might but I would find it odd since they gave up Razril to Kooluk without even a fight (They never sent aid to Razril). I actually have a slight suspision the next war is happening in Falena. The fact that one of the SoD went there looking for battles might means there is a war raging there.
Hmm...