IF the suikoden world had an all out war?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

one of the parameters here is that NO true rune be involved.. only technologies and manpower..
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Even in the Forgiveness phase, the Rune can choose to leave its bearer if the Rune feels as though it is being over-abused. If HeroIV abused the Rune's power, it'd probably leave him. Same goes for all True Runes, by the way.
Judgement of Lorelai

err, you mean TR will leave the bearer if he/she abused it? what are the conditions if there is? maybe it's just a special case for the Punishment..
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't remember where I read it, but I think this was Konami's explantion on why the True Rune bearers aren't running around blowing up the world and such. If I'm just making this up, then I don't see why the True Rune bearers don't just run around causing mass destruction. Or maybe it was something about the Rune's goals? Well, it seems like once a bearer gains mastery over a True Rune they can do whatever they want with the Rune. The fickle nature of True Runes makes them seem like they change their bearers on a whim; I interpret this as changing bearers based upon how the bearer uses the rune. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but I don't see why a Rune would leave unless the bearer either ignored the Rune and its goals and over-used the Rune's power to further the bearer's own goals.
Judgement of Lorelai

Yeah I noticed it a bit too..

Neclord uses the Blue Moon Rune before for his amusement.. And I think it was abused.. But as u said, he may gain mastery but, dunno.. Sierra silenced the rune, so she has the mastery too even though the rune wasn't in her possession.. So BMR was mastered by both bearers.. The difference is that, Sierra used it for good while Neclord just indulged with its powers.. I just think BMR has two sides, good and evil..

Yuber used his TR too for helping Windy destroy a village.. But the Rune may like what Yuber is doing in the first place so TR will stay..

Windy wants to use Soul Eater Rune to destroy/take revenge.. Doesn't she know that when you abused it, TR will leave her once she abused it? Or, she just know that once she get it, it's hers unless removed forcefully.. And also, it would take sometime to master it so it won't leave but, as far as i know, Soul Eater don't like her because she don't have many loved ones.. Not the ideal host..

Luc uses the elemental runes for his own ambitions and used the True Wind Rune for that case.. But didn't left him..

Well, just cited some examples for further analysis..
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Ehm The Blue Moon rune likes it when his possesor kills alot of people.Actually thats its second curse!new possesors go on a Bloody rampage until they gain mastery.Sierra gained mastery,Neclord did not.
BTW TR basicly have power over its possesors so when thy abuse it they just take over they're minds or try to push them in the right direction (soul eater would take soulsof loved ones).Note that all true runes can drain power from its possesors(at least thats what I think)
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

That's the same thing that happened to Hero4. That's why you get the dark tunnel scene and fighting mysterious shadows.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

That's the same thing that happened to Hero4. That's why you get the dark tunnel scene and fighting mysterious shadows.
Yeah but thats what the RoP is supposed to do.Try to test its possesors if it can repent for they're sins.For some reason it sees getting 108 characters as penance...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Haven't you noticed by now that the people that gather the 108 Stars of Destiny are usually seen are virtuous, kind, nice people? The other users didn't have any internal protection, whereas HeroIV did, which may have influnced the RoP to go into its Forgiveness phase. HeroIV never did anything particularly mean, if you get all 108 SoDs, so maybe it was a timed test and the test just happened when the 108 Stars were gathered. There's also the '108 Stars gift' that you get in every game. Maybe the 108 Stars' power forced the Rune into its Forgiveness phase.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The stupid thing about the RoP is that eventough it kills its users every time they use it it didn't happen to Hero4.Even at the bad ending he transfers his true rune but he dousn't change into ashes..Why was konami so lazy not to make a Hero turnes to ashes scene?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Like I said, someone within the Rune was protecting him (the Queen of Obel), which is why the Rune spared him.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yeah but in the bad ending he dies anyway the question is why would Th Queen of Obel protect a corpse to not turn to ashes?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, you're assuming that HeroIV is dead when he might still be alive.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

what if sierra showed up and decided to bring back the village of the blue moon and change a bunch of people into a horde of vampires and then after harmonia or whoever has beaten all the other nations the vampires turn all the dead into zombies and crush harmonia! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:what if sierra showed up and decided to bring back the village of the blue moon and change a bunch of people into a horde of vampires and then after harmonia or whoever has beaten all the other nations the vampires turn all the dead into zombies and crush harmonia! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope thats a joke...
Why would Sierra bring back the village of the Blue Moon?The only reason would be if she found vampires who are willing to live in peace or if she makes new ones(wich is not likely).Also why the hell would Sierra want to destroy HArmonia?

The war has to have meaning.its not like a 11 year old dream where everybody kills everybody for no good reason.THis is war, people don't want to go to war so they need a reason such as Harmonia is invading and...Why am I even replying..?