IF the suikoden world had an all out war?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

yes...it was a joke, i was just saying it would be cool if vampires took over the world lol...i know it would never happen and all. im sorry..was a pointless post. :roll:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:yes...it was a joke, i was just saying it would be cool if vampires took over the world lol...i know it would never happen and all. im sorry..was a pointless post. :roll:
I should say sorry...I can't even remember when I posted it.Don't be offended...sorry :)
Harmonian Zealot

Post by Harmonian Zealot »

My personal opinion, in the case of an all-out war *without* the use of True Runes:

Harmonia would come out the winner. The best tacticians in the world come from Crystal Valley, and almost all the world's information is stored there. Remember that knowledge is power.
They have a firm, well disciplined army, and their method of subjugating captured cities (by making them 3rd class citizens) only adds to their numbers.
Harmonia has been too distacted by the search for True Runes and the rumored death of Hikuusak to flex it's true military power.

Supposing that this is a war on sheer numbers and military power; Harmonia would bulldoze it's way through Grasslands/Zexen and Dunan, but they would lose steam by the time they arrived at Toran. They would need some time to subjugate the cities in their wake, and continue the campaign southwards.

Suikoden V related spoilers go into the right board sections next time. Thank you. -p
~~YOU WIN BY PINCER ATTACK!~~
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Thank you for that lovely spoiler at the bottom of your post there. You should really have that clearly marked as a spoiler so people like me (who were hoping to avoid any and all Suikoden V spoilers until it's PAL release) don't accidentally get an eyeful.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Thank you for that lovely spoiler at the bottom of your post there. You should really have that clearly marked as a spoiler so people like me (who were hoping to avoid any and all Suikoden V spoilers until it's PAL release) don't accidentally get an eyeful.
God I'm glad I decided not to read his post.
Harmonian Zealot

Post by Harmonian Zealot »

What spoilers? The fact that I mention what countries are next to Falena in my *speculated* war against Harmonia?? Do I need spoiler notes to tell people that Grasslands is next to Matilda, just in case someone hasn't played Suiko II or III yet?
I'm 2 hours into the game and they've only made a extremely vague reference to one of them. The fact that I ASSUMED they were hostile means nothing. Like I said, I'm only 2 hours into the game!

My source is a world map I found online created by a professional mapmaker. But I better not post the link, because it might be a spoiler!
Had it been something that spoils the story, I would have gladly placed the world SPOILER before it. Please don't take me for a fool.

Way to overreact...
~~YOU WIN BY PINCER ATTACK!~~
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yes but Suikoden II is near enough 10 years old, including a PAL release. Suikoden V isn't even a week old, sans PAL release as of yet. There's still a spoiler veil over Suikoden V due to it's very current release, and their will continue to be one until a decent while after it's PAL release. Suikoden II spoilers have been allowed for a long time because, as I already said, it's been out for years.

And don't get smart-alecky, if you're so confident that you didn't spoil anything then perhaps you'd care to explain why the spoiler part of your post was removed by patapi. ^_^
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

All Suikoden V exclusive Setting spoilers should go in the respective section. The spoilers were vaguely hinted at in that post, but I removed it to minimise the risk of spoiling other members.

Otherwise, I strongly recommend that the discussion of Suikoden V Setting be limited to the Questions section to avoid issues like this.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

What if the Dunan-Toran Alliance fights against the Grasslands with the Karayans there? Who will win?

Or if the Alliance fights against Harmonia? Who will win?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

Assuming there are no alliances between nations, Harmonia will be the surefire winner. Judging from the number of troops and citizens, none can withstand Harmonia.

My money's on Harmonia. 8)
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Forgiver Sign wrote:Assuming there are no alliances between nations, Harmonia will be the surefire winner. Judging from the number of troops and citizens, none can withstand Harmonia.

My money's on Harmonia. 8)
Harmonia has a larger army than EVERY Country's army combined... So even if they become allies they will not very likely be a match.

NOTE: I'm not that sure anymore about it being that big. I'm pretty sure its been discussed in this thread.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

An all-out war in the Suikoverse seems unlikely ... at best, it would be something I can imagine happening in the continent that Harmonia shares with the other nations.

To advance on the other continents would require a naval might, and the Island Nations are apparently undisputed in that field.

Even Harmonia cannot sustain war efforts for extensive periods ... and to capture entire countries? Definetely not something that can be achieved in a "blitzkreig" ... the mystery behind Hikusaak and the dispute between political factions in Harmonia only adds to that; if anything, the decadence that Harmonia is facing could escalate internal strife ... one with powerful consequences if Harmonia collects as many True Runes as people say on the Internet.

EDIT: Harmonia's superiority with its ground forces can be countered. Perhaps not with Rune Magic, but with Air and Naval support.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

What your missing is Hikusaaks goal. Wich is to gain all True Runes(apparently...) If that is true then global conquest is not his concern, he would just destroy everything and only try to get the True Runes.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

True, true. But I tried to stay as far from Runes as possible in that post.
Albert Silverberg

Post by Albert Silverberg »

Okay. On Land, Harmonia is the undisputed winner. The reason for their recent setbacks was due to the fact that those armies aren't even a fraction of the Harmonian Army itself. If Harmonia would use ALL of its troops, it can decimate anything in its path.

The real question here, would be on sea. Due to spoilers, I can't tell you guys exactly ho good Falena's Sea Army is, but if Harmonia proves to be worthless on sea, then the Island Nations Federation has a legitimate chance of beating them. They are, as far as Suikoden IV, the best in Naval Attack.