The island nations are where?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Shu says it before he tosses the coin in the river.

Well, it it was south east or west I think Shu would of said so. Or he would of said south of another kingdom or whatever.

So based off the current Toran Republic it can be guaged from there. So there a good solid area to go buy.

Yes SME and Kolouk did have boarder clashes but they don't anymore, so that's kinda irrevleant now don't you think?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The SME and Kooluk still have border clashes, as can be seen during a conversation between Troy and Colton near the end of the game.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

But there not SME anymore. Besides I don't think it matter. For one think I's sure there was none after the Toran Rep. was founded, but that proboly changed during SII timeline so yeah. Also all it would really be in Kolouk advacing north and Toran adavcing south, I don't think it could change io make it matter at all.

Finally once again Shu says it as a fact, currently as in then with no border changes in effect. That's something Shu would know being the kind of guy he is.
Fists Of Protocol

Post by Fists Of Protocol »

Blackhand jr wrote:
Finally once again Shu says it as a fact, currently as in then with no border changes in effect. That's something Shu would know being the kind of guy he is.
Well...this is true, but you'd have to assume by time of the first game that perhaps the SME had taken over Kooluk and absorbed it ito part of them(so it may very well be we have already been in Kooluk in the first game)

I'm just saying...It seems to me that just by the old map and what they say in the game that Kooluk is bordered on the Northeast/East by SME and the Island Nations are clearly south of Kooluk.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Well, if we consider the bottom of the Toran region on SARSadmin's map to be accurate that it would appear to match up well with the north of the Island Nations region. Thus placing Kooluk at south-east of the Scarlet Moon Empire.

Reference Image (Full cred for SuikoX/SARSadmin for maps of course)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/s ... lukinf.jpg
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

My impression is that the Island Nations are somewhere to the SE of the SME.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
Mc_Dohl

Post by Mc_Dohl »

south of toran republic the island nation is
SpiritUk

Post by SpiritUk »

I always imagined El-Eal being on the southern coast at the closest point to the island nations, hence why it was used as a staging point to invade them. It made sense to me based on the rune cannon being used on the island nearest to it... although I suppose you can deduce where it comes from based on that footage from the sort of camcorder thing that guy makes and the direction of the blast in relation to the island.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I think in Suiko4, El-eal is described as being the southern-most point of Kooluk, which I was assumed aould be the southern-most tip of the whole Suiko contentient.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

So wait what about Kanakan? I thought that nation was below Toran but now it seems that its Kooluk below SME/Toran instead? So where would Kanakan be then as I assumed it would be the same landmass where SME/Toran is.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

It is. Kanakan is south of the Toran Republic, but still on the same land mass. It is also north of Kooluk and the Island Nations.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Right so if that's the case than how can both SME and Kooluk have border clashes as Guild writer Jowy Atreides says yet Kanakan is in between the two? At most it will be naval warfare but that would mean crossing over Kanakan sea territory to fight. I'm a bit puzzled how the two can be at conflict yet Kanakan is somehow netural from it unless Kanakan is yet to exist in that time of history.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We have a general idea of where Kanakan is, but nobody actually knows its exact location.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well if I dont recall wrong. The big island just north of the larger lands mass in the south is the main Gaien "dukedoom" and the island with only a red dot is Donut island as far east it goes.

The next largest island (If you count in Gaien) west of donut island is Obel. And so on.

EDIT: IM STUPID! It stands on the red dot what it is for place if you let the pointer stand on it long enough.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.