Long tradition revived...

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Hork

Long tradition revived...

Post by Hork »

One thing missing from Suikoden three was a character or someone in a town blatantly telling you the wrong way to get somewhere.

It seems combining two directions to form a "Southeast" or "Northwest" is a rare thing in the Suikoden Universe.

One: Kirkis tells you the elf village is EAST of Kobold town when it's obviously more south than east (therefore southeast).

Two: A person in Lakewest tells you Two River (i think) is DUE WEST, due meaing almost pefectly west, when in fact it's southwest.

and now Four: You're first mission they instruct you to go EAST of Razril to get to Middleport. No you don't. You go southeast. I actually went all the way east for a few minutes before I remembered "east" probably meant northeast or southeast.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

*dies*
Purr.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

i was wondering when someone would post this...

I got lost in the start of the game from that stupid knight...
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I've never noticed any of that before. I wonder if that was done on purpose, or if you're just reading too far into things. ^_^
Purr.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that's why you wanna use the maps.. even when you ask in real life, you don't get good answers. some people will tell you the total opposite direction and then you're really screwed :P
adversary

Post by adversary »

KFCrispy wrote:that's why you wanna use the maps.. even when you ask in real life, you don't get good answers. some people will tell you the total opposite direction and then you're really screwed :P
sometimes maps dont really help for people that takes directions from NPC's extremely well. i saw the island of middleport but the port was on the other side; i just saw a hill. and the fact that i ddint know R1 sped things up so i went directly EAST for half an hour.
Hork

Post by Hork »

You have to enter the island before its landmass becomes visable on the map so the map wouldn't solve that. Whatever its no big deal.
InuZamza

Post by InuZamza »

You could always look at the map in the instuction booklet..(the introuction page in which shows Snowe and the hero)

and there is one on gamefaqs that displays the names of the islands, which may be of use incase you get lost from false information.
InuYasha + Zamza = InuZamza got it?
Vash_HS

Post by Vash_HS »

Hork wrote:You have to enter the island before its landmass becomes visable on the map so the map wouldn't solve that. Whatever its no big deal.
Actually for your 1st errend, Middleport appears on the map.