The Grassland Tribes

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
koolcblue

The Grassland Tribes

Post by koolcblue »

There are (in Suikoden III) six clans of the Grasslands:
The Karaya Clan - under Lucia
The Lizard Clan - under cheif Zepan
The Duck Clan
The Chisha Clan - under Sana
The Safir Clan,
and the Aima Kinan Clan - under Yuiri

Although I know at one point there were more clans in the Grasslands. I've read somewhere of the Knights of Camro, which are also a 'tribe'. If someone could provide me with more information about these knights?

I believe there was also a mention during Suikoden III of another tribe that was defeated other than the Carna Tribe (the people of Le Buque), which was also part of the Grassland's before the first Fire Bringer War. Is this true?
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Jowy Atreides

Re: The Grassland Tribes

Post by Jowy Atreides »

koolcblue wrote:Although I know at one point there were more clans in the Grasslands. I've read somewhere of the Knights of Camro, which are also a 'tribe'. If someone could provide me with more information about these knights?
"Kamaro
Kamaro is a small nation governed by the Free Knights of Kamaro. They have a healthy relationship with the Matilda Knights, and often send their young members to Matilda for extra training. Kamaro maintains an interesting position within the Grasslands due to its lack of relations to the Six Clans. Kamaro is considered by many to be more "civilized" than the members of the Six Clans. The nation of Kamaro is said to be located far north of the Grasslands, near the Nameless Lands. Free Knights of Kamaro can be identified by their green and orange colored tabard, which they wear at all times. Members of the Free Knights are sometimes seen traveling in far lands to complete their "Saga," which seems to be a requirement for their knighthood (not an entry requirement, but it seems to be one of their purposes). "
koolcblue also wrote:I believe there was also a mention during Suikoden III of another tribe that was defeated other than the Carna Tribe (the people of Le Buque), which was also part of the Grassland's before the first Fire Bringer War. Is this true?
They're called the Kanaa Clan, actually.

"Safir Clan
One of the Six Clans of the Grasslands. They do not appear at all in the games, and the only time we hear of them is after Harmonian armies totally annihilate them. "
GeddoeMan3 wrote:that was the safir clan they were wiped out there was also the sindar but the changed the named to some thing stupid but they had land all the way to toran so i don't know that they were an active clan or that they were just neibors who didn't fight with grassland so the used common terminalogy to name them like harmonia might be the harmonia caln if there was one city and thats all they ever knew of them.
The Sindar have a presence everywhere, if you consider deserted ruins to be a presence. The reason they don't fight is unknown, as is everything else about them. Their leader holds the Rune of Change, so it just makes sense that they probably weren't even in Grassland whenever war broke out with Harmonia. For some reason they love building big giant ruins, though.

Sure. Everything in quotes is from Suikox.com. The name Kanaa is from Suikox too. Since SARS and other actual fans are better translators then the translators themselves, I just thought I'd mention that. Like correcting people whenever they say True Holy Rune, even though it is the True Holy Rune, Godspeed is what should be used.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

OT: Jowy, mind posting the source of those information?

Firstly, the Cyndars are not part of the Six Clans of Grasslands. Also, the Le Buque mantor riders are called Carna Tribe in the game, if I'm not mistaken, and they too don't count towards the Six.

Chief of Lizard Clan is now Dupa, and we also met the Chief of Duck Clan in the game albeit s/he was only a nameless NPC.

Who knows what happen to the Safir. It seems to me they hardly come in contact with the outer world, even compared to the Alma Kinan, who were revealed to be rarely seen by the other Clans to begin with. Presumably their village is situated to the far east of Grasslands, making them the nearest to Harmonia and thus the first to become victim in this war.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

So the Free Knights of Kamaro are in the Grasslands however they do not consider themselves part of the Grassland tribes.

And the Safir must have been that other tribe mentioned in the game that was distroyed making there only Five Tribes left in the Grasslands.

However were there Seven Tribes? Because the Carna/Kanaa tribe were part of the Grassland tribes back during the first Fire Bringer War because Le Buque is whats left of the Carna Tribe, correct, and it's stated in the game that Le Buque was part of the Grasslands?
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

do you think that the Flame Champion is from Safir Clan ?
and his men ... doesnt look like from Chisya ...
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --