Map scales

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Asquian

Map scales

Post by Asquian »

Can anyone assist me in coming up with a scale for the Suikoden maps? I'd like one that would work with these maps, or if anyone knows of an already scaled, semi accurate map that would help.

Here are the maps i have

http://asquian.redirectme.net/suikomaps.zip
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There can be no scale because distance in Suikoden has never been expressed in a unit of measurement. All we know are some vague references to how many days it takes from one place to another. Combining this account, things don't quite make sense either--which shows that the creators havn't thought much about this.
Malekus

Unofficial Map

Post by Malekus »

I don't know if anyone has seen this SuikoContinent map, or even know the two creators, but here it is anyways.

http://solidus21.homestead.com/files/SuikoContinent.jpg
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That map is basically completely inaccurate besides the Toran and Dunan region, so it doesn't help.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

I prefer the one on suikox

the one posted above makes the great forest area with the elves and dwarves look a bit wrong.
Kage

Post by Kage »

I think both postion the grasslands too far from Dunan. suikox's is not nearly as bad as the one posted above though. I can't reallt fault the creators of the maps though, since there isn't anything official.

The map posted above is quite terrible though. It's missing the lake by Duck Clan Village, Seek Valley is way too big, and it has 2 mountain ranges and a giant lake between Karaya and Greenhill. It doesn't make sense to me that groups with such small populations would really travel that far and be feuding over the land. It seems to me like someone would already be living there that would be capable of stopping both Karaya and Greenhill.

Also, who's to say the bottom of the Suiko3 map isn't the southeast boundary, and not the south? Like / instead of _ if that makes sense to you...
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

In Clive's defense, that's a very old map. He made this when Suikoden 3 was new.

Although I can see why he had the misconception of Sanady/Sanadier. The only thing we know is that it's west of Harmonia.

And what's wrong with suikox's map? The only mistake on it, to me is the location of Falena. I think SARS said it's near the Island Nations to the south.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

They will never be too accurate if there is no unit of measure.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Malekus

Post by Malekus »

Actually, I thought this map to be comepletely accurate, despite the few flaws that are apparant. The Grasslands and Zexen are on target of what we see in the Suiko 3 map. Also Dunan and Toran are on target as well, but their relative locations with Grasslands might be off. But who know's where the locations of the countries really stand since no one really knows. I always loved this map, and I think it's better than the SuikoX map which seems frightingly similar.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

If i am not mistaken, both sites share some information with eachother and the owner of Suikox works here also. So maybe thats why they are similar.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

He doesn't work here on the Forums if that's what you means. But he collaborates with Suikosource staff, as they do with Suikox staff.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]