Tinto landscape

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

So Tinto and Zexen were in border conflicts to expand territory yet there are (or were) trading partners. Is there any info that Tinto and Zexen still have a trading relationship, despite the border conflicts?
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

They probably still do. Zexen is a merchant type of place and it's council members wouldn't give up a chance to make money, even though they got new ones chosen. Also, Lily and Chris are friends and are both high up in terms of power in their country.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Zexen is politically complex because the military doesn't have that big of a political role. They mrely act by the order of the council. The council is also composed of different guildmasters, who have their own priorities. Even though Salome succeeded in removing all of the treasonous Harmonia sympathisers from the council, I'm sure there still are those who favor trade with Tinto, and others who are weary of Tinto's expansionist tendencies. Thus, there may be some trade even during the border dispute.

Lilly Pendragon is in Harmonia to study during all of this, so fortutately she wasn't involved.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

ohhhhhhhh!!! That is true. Too bad the council has more control over it's people since is a beraucracy or something like that. If the people had more of a choice, knights would have more power, because Chris is so well loved that the ordinary citizens will listen to what she says.
I don't know what the new council members are like, but the old ones were mostly power hungry and wouldn't give up a chance to make a little more money.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

SARSadmin wrote:In Suikoden 3, Lilly Pendragon says that Tinto caravans were being attacked by the "Flame Champion," as well.
Yeah I also remember Lilly was saying that she wants to look for a Tinto Caravan in Vinay de Zexay so she can pay off her 2000 Potch to Hugo
bla
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

Did she ever pay him back?
:roll:
Arcana

Post by Arcana »

I don't think she did. :)

This is all very interesting. I'm starting a Suikoden-themed writing game that looks a little bit more at the Tinto/Zexen lands and provide a bit of theory on what their relationship is. This thread's not that long but very, very useful.

Despite the finishing of the war in the Grasslands, there's a number of references of Zexen going to skirmishes with both Tinto and the Grasslands.
-- Arcana

http://suikoden.mine.nu
Suikoden: Pro Patria Mori
- Suikoden Fiction Writing Game.
A land in turmoil... a Rune rediscovered.
Who will be the next Tenkai Star... could it be you?
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

This is all very interesting. I'm starting a Suikoden-themed writing game that looks a little bit more at the Tinto/Zexen lands and provide a bit of theory on what their relationship is. This thread's not that long but very, very useful.
Good luck with that. :)

I got another question about Tinto's land, is it confirmed if they have expanded their borders out to the ocean or any other major body of water. Just thought about it.
yipikiyayey21

Err..

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

Does Tinto Republic appears at S3? Coz i haventstarted playin s3 yet e...

^_^

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

No, Tinto does not feature in Suikoden III. Lilly, Reed and Samus (Reed and Samus are Lilly's "bodyguards") feature in Suikoden III, but we never actually see Tinto.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]