sword and shield

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
jowy blight

sword and shield

Post by jowy blight »

now the black sword and bright shield are true rune or what?
jowy and leknaat say they are true rune
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Separately, the Black Sword and Bright Shield are not True Runes, but together they make the True Rune called the Rune of Beginning. I also believe that this is discussed on this board somewhere else.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

I believe it's actually here in about five places, at the moment, both in its own topic as well as other related topics because it keeps coming back to haunt us.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

That's probably because of all the different pages of topics we have on this site.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Actually I think it's more due to poor translations. Can we say True Holy Rune, anyone? *sighs*
jowy blight

Post by jowy blight »

if there are not true rune this mean leknaat lie but way she lie
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Because she has no control over translators.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

i like how when you view their runes, when you check Riou's it says "Bright Shield Rune: One of the 27 True Runes"....

how annoying
heeroyuy280

Rune Of beginning

Post by heeroyuy280 »

I believe the reason it says one of the true Runes for Riou's Bright shield rune may simply be the fact its part of the rune of beginning in that its at least an aspect. Even though its not a True Rune in itself its probably still seen as one due to the fact the shield rune from three was most likely born of it.
Draco

Post by Draco »

i never saw a shield rune in suiko 3, what did it do?
and where did you get it?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

There was a Shield Rune in 3. Aila has one equipped to her from the very beginning. It's hard to say whether or not the Shield Rune came from the Bright Shield or not, but it does seem rather likely. The fact is that the Bright Shield is not a True Rune, it is a component of a True Rune. The Rune of Beginning is the True Rune, not the Bright Shield or Black Sword Runes.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, the Bright Shield would be the top tier rune..it is the second component of the Rune of Beginning afterall.
Masked_Bishop

Post by Masked_Bishop »

why does it say that Bright Shield and Black Sword are True Runes on their own? I was told they weren't true runes at all...yet it says in the game 1 of the 27 True Runes for both Bright Shield and Black Sword.
What's in a name? There are things that are best kept secret with this type of mission.