the strongest rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

SARSadmin wrote:She specifically wished to have the Souleater because she had nothing to lose if she did get that rune (no one is close to her). It fit her purposes the best.
I have a question about this one. If say Windy got Souleater Rune, but since no one is close to her got eaten by Souleater, wouldn't that mean that she cannot use Souleater's full power? I'm under the impression that the more people got eaten by Souleater Rune, the stronger that rune becomes (might or might not have limit, no idea).
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That is true. She may not have known that, or she may have had other means to "force" the rune to cooperate.

However, as we see in the game, the Souleater rejects her. This is likely because she is not an ideal candidate for the souleater (she has no one close to her).
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

SARSadmin wrote:However, as we see in the game, the Souleater rejects her. This is likely because she is not an ideal candidate for the souleater (she has no one close to her).
Wow, the more you think about it, the more ironic Windy's character is. Souleater would be the perfect True Rune that she's looking for, but it's also the same rune that would reject her. Ironic.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, certainly makes Windy a rather sad character. When she laments how even the "Cursed Rune" rejects her--that's probably when you hear her true voice. Also accentuates the bittersweet folly of Barbarossa.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

I think the best way to describe it is as all the True Runes have the same maximum potential, thus none of them are stronger than any other, it is simply whomever is the most adept at bearing the powers of their True Rune. Which is why logically, Luc would have no problem defeating the other bearers of the True Elemental Runes, as he was created for the sole purpose of bearing the True Wind Rune, and is an adept magician.

It is hard to say about the non-elemental runes. We can see the finite damage and capabilities of the true elemental runes (Luc taking out Sasarai's division in that battle in S2, or the flame champion destroying harmonia and the fire bringers army), but the other ones, like the Gate Rune, Soul-Eater, Sovereign, Bright Shield, they seem to be more "discreet" in showing off their powers. No doubt if one beared any true rune they would have immense power, but there is something scary about going up against something you know very little about its capabilities. THe bright Shield is a good example, part of its power involves the poeple around you not being able to die as easily by conventional means. And I know i sure as hell wouldnt want to fight Hikusaak, look at what he has done, and we have no idea how he did it...

As far as the ones we know about goes...If it came down to it, i wouldnt want to fight anyone that was bearing the Rune of Beginning, thats for sure. But i guess that still wouldnt make it the "strongest," its just pretty damn capable...
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

SARSadmin wrote:The Souleater was only pursued by Windy. That is hardly "most sought after." She specifically wished to have the Souleater because she had nothing to lose if she did get that rune (no one is close to her). It fit her purposes the best.
Thats a dumb thinking of her..I mean okay, if she wants the Rune for its Power I understand that but if she thinks its power is okay and she can use it just because she won't lose anyone anyway that would be dumb.

I'ts like you would run through a shop and saw a Game you don't really like but you are getting it because its only $20
bla