how big is harmonia?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

If I had remembered where it was stated I'd have mentioned that. It could be my mistake but I thought it was a fairly flippant comment made once without justification as to what sort of continental divide it meant.

It could just mean a plate seperation that causes two landmasses to fuse in the manner of Europe and Asia, it could have meant a land bridge between two otherwise seperate land masses the way the Sinai Peninsula connects Africa to Europe/Asia or a seperated by sea continent such as Australia.

Frankly we have no idea what the extent of northern Harmonia is and whether there is anything else up there. But due to their expansionist outlook, then if there was anything there it is likely that they would have at least attempted to conquer it.

If you want to hypothesise further there is no reason given yet thet prevents the northern end of Harmonia being a flat edge and the end of the world. Templeton is meant to be searching for it, and so far no-one has explicitly stated that the planet is round.
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

So the Suikoden world could be flat?...that's intersting...
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

It is theortetically possible. It's also possible no one has yet traversed the entire world and thus someone such as Templeton - someone landlocked, for the most part - might not realize or have access to those who might realize that the world appears to be round. There is no way to know which if any is the case.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

awesome map Sars. I have a question then were would tomas homland be he was from the namelessland up north so were would that be. Just curious always was lol.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

The idea of Harmonia being more expanded up north (even to other Islands or a second contienent perhaps) might be possible as the nations below it (grasslands, Tinto, Zexzen, city-states etc) have proven to be a thorn in Harmonia's expansion. So if you can't go down, go up.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I heard it takes a day to get from one end of the Harmonian capital to the next.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

That's not really a grand feat considering the story elements of traveling a whole nation should take longer than a day.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:I heard it takes a day to get from one end of the Harmonian capital to the next.
Yeah I heard that too. Supposedly since the Harmonian capital is called Crystal Valley, it could actually be a big city between mountains ranges or something like that.

I also thought of something else in terms of Harmonia's size. I'm guessing that Harmonia would be shaped a little like Canada or maybe even Russia, and I figured that there might be an Artic like climate in it' Northern parts. Kind of like Russia has Siberia, so I always figured that Harmonia had a cold climate in most of it's regions, wih the exception of Caleria and Le Buque since those two cities are in it's Southern border.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Woops, sorry, I misread your post. I thought you said it took one day to get from one end of Harmonia to the other.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
TheBoundlessDream

No I said the city, strange they would call the capital Crystal Valley, word name for a capital especially one with such vastness as Harmonia, I forgot all about Crystal Valley was the major city, and its said that thats where the Circle Palace is..
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

koriand'r wrote:The idea of Harmonia being more expanded up north (even to other Islands or a second contienent perhaps) might be possible as the nations below it (grasslands, Tinto, Zexzen, city-states etc) have proven to be a thorn in Harmonia's expansion. So if you can't go down, go up.
Yeah, I agree with you.... We haven't seen the northern part of Harmonia, and there is a very high probability that Harmonia's territory spans across another continent( or maybe 2 ). I see Harmonia's size like the Roman Empire, which spans across Asia and Africa.
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
TheBoundlessDream

I always was under the impression, the Highland kingdom was like thje Roman Empire, even there clothing have Roman look to it, the soldiers reminded me of Roman soldiers alot.