I’ve read this:http://gensopedia.com/wiki/Higheast_Rebellion
It seems that it was just a small riot, and a Harmonian general seized the opportunity to attack Dunan, so it was actually a conflict between Harmonia and Dunan. The riot was probably caused by some Highland reactionists trying to gain back their status. I guess these were former officials and royalists, most of whom have never seen the front. The majority is still tired of war, maybe that’s why it was just a small riot.
The Harmonian general was stupid and rash. Here’s a strategy that works better so far:
- Secretly send snipers into the Higheast and let them shoot both rioters and peaceful citizens to bring the latter against the Higheast leaders.
- Additionally pay and equip unemployed people to stir more trouble.
- The regime is forced to flee to Dunan, and the Harmonian general can install a puppet regime.
- The poor educated and newly recruited Higheast soldiers cry out “kill all the Dunans and Dunan descent scum, long live Highland!” Now, many people in the southern part of former Highland are of Dunan descent. There is also an important Dunan military base in the southern part of Higheast. Dunan pays a huge amount of money annually to lease that site. Now that the south is threatened by the Higheast military, Teresa Wisemail orders a referendum be made in that part. Of course the people vote for being part of Dunan (even though autonomous) instead of getting slaughtered by the Higheast forces. Now Dunan doesn’t need to pay rent to the Higheast.
- The Harmonian general spreads the information that Teresa Wisemail annexed the southern part of Higheast, calling the people from the south “separatists”. Teresa is depicted as a devil who hates democracy and freedom, kills homosexuals, eats children, and who wants to take over the world, even though she hasn’t attacked another country and doesn’t stir trouble in faraway countries. Conquering the Dunan base in the south is actually one of the main goals.
- The leaders of the Grasslands union, in their infinite stupidity, side with Harmonia, and thus risking a war against Dunan which would destroy both countries. They imposed economic sanctions on Dunan, but they suffer more from this than Dunan. The Grassland leaders know that Harmonia spied on them, but they don’t dare complain. Most people of the Grasslands want friendly ties with both Harmonia and Dunan, but they are completely ignored in the name of a so-called democracy. Harmonian officials should still make sure that no one’s overhearing them while they say “F#ck the Grasslands union!”
- Toran is actually the biggest thorn in Harmonia’s flesh because they have the potential to become more influential than Harmonia soon. Toran sides with Dunan, knowing that they’re in trouble as soon as Harmonia controls Dunan.
Sorry for getting lost in reverie again.