About Lazlo and Queendom of Falena

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
JanusThePaladin

Re: About Lazlo and Queendom of Falena

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Do others feel that way? i remember when the game came out people complained about how over powered Zerase with a Magic Absorption rune in her weapon was
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Magic is generally rather weak in the game compared to perfectly equipped attackers.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

RevKoden wrote:Lazlo: It seems like everyone in Island nations just forget everything about lazlo, i wonder why, too bad that suikoden v didnt give a loading of the perfect game of suikoden iv/suikoden tactics, so we can wonder why lazlo seems to have forgotten during Falenan civil war. Because IIRC, the rune of punishment has entered it's forgiveness phase and thus didnt drain lazlo life away, in a sense it already became a true rune, and a true rune bearer is immortal...

ABout queendom of falena: Is the queendom of falena like destroyed? I mean considering that if VIki travel from S3 ->S4 that means during year 475, The falena queendom might have fallen, if you considers Viki's talking about it during her first meeting with the prince....it still bugging me...
So, RoP only classed as True Runes if it entered the forgiveness phase? Interesting.

Do you know that in its atonement phase, RoP already give the bearer agelessness? But its take the life energy of the bearer if the bearer uses the RoP. Logically if the bearer can resist the temptation of using the RoP, the bearer would still life after 100 years or more. But the RoP itself will do anything to force the bearer using the RoP.
JanusThePaladin wrote:Really? Why? They're not true Runes, just balancers. Ever lift weights? I see them as the little things you put on the end of the weight to keep it from falling off and hurting you while you're lifting. Useful, necessary, but not heavy. The Dawn And Twilight are the same, useful and necessary, but not super impressive. Honestly, I think the only really POWERFUL rune we ever see in use is the Soul Eater.
After the coffee analogy to explain the Rune of Beginning and Gate Rune, now we have weight lifting analogy to explain the Dawn and Twilight runes.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Antimatzist wrote:Magic is generally rather weak in the game compared to perfectly equipped attackers.
"Perfectly equipped attacker." Well, getting to level 99 is better than finishing the game in your 60's, too. You have to realize 95% of people who play these game don't have spreadsheets laid out, detailing percentages of drops or rare item shop supplies involving every double beat/fury rune.

In a simple play through, giving a guy a Cyclone rune will make him generally more potent than an every day attacker, even if you did get lucky with a few warrior runes
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, id on't think so. I did never really care about maxing out my characters, but in Suikoden V pretty much every potent Attacker is doing multi-strikes, critical hitting etc, and I feel that few runes can keep up with that.