Questions about the First Fire Bringer War

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
killerslime

Questions about the First Fire Bringer War

Post by killerslime »

Hi all, first post! I'm writing a fanfic based on the events of the First Fire Bringer war and i have a few questions i need answering and i was hoping that someone here at Suikosource might be able to help.

1. Is there any information on how Wyatt got hold of the true water rune?

2. Did the Flame Champion start raiding Harmonian convoys with the true fire rune or did he get it after he escaped from Crystal Valley?

3. How much of Grasslands where under Harmonian control in 407?

4. Where exactly was the Flame Champion imprisoned in Harmonia?

Thanks
eldrasidar

Re: Questions about the First Fire Bringer War

Post by eldrasidar »

1. Not known. Obviously he had it either before or at least at the time of the first fire bringer war, but other than that, we know nothing.

2. Uncertain. He was a bandit, so it's likely he happened to raid Harmonian convoys prior to acquiring the true rune, but it definitely intensified and became more deliberate afterwards.

3. Pretty much all of grasslands was either under harmonian control, or hotly contested by them. The nature of the grasslands makes it very easy to acquire territory, but really hard to defend or patrol that same territory, so the actual control that Harmonia had was likely far more theoretical than actual.

4. Probably Crystal Valley.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

4. I think it is definitely Crystal Valley, iirc the True Runes are/were stored in this big temple and I think he was held captive there, too.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Thanks for the replies, do you think he would have been imprisoned in the One Temple or the Circle Palace? And i read that the Flame champion raided convoys with the help of his true fire rune but then i read that he finds it when he escapes from Crystal Valley which one is right?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

is there a reason they both can't be true? he escapes from crystal valley with the rune, and then raids some convoys.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

I'm confused because it says here on Suikosource that the Flame champion raids convoys with the help of his true fire rune before he is imprisoned in Harmonia but elsewhere i read that he escapes from Harmonia with the True Fire Rune i will provide the quotes below.

Flame Champions profile on Suikosource: 'He began attacking Harmonian convoys with his small band of men and his True Fire Rune, and as his organization grew, he recruited more people. However, to free a large amount of Grassland prisoners being held by Harmonia, he traded his freedom, and was incarcerated in Harmonia.'

True Fire Rune profile on Suikosource: 'A True Rune representing the power of fire. The Fire Rune and Rage Rune are born from this True Rune. It is currently owned by the new flame champion, but it used to be owned by Harmonia. Hidden in the depths of the One Temple, this rune was stolen by the "Fire Bringer."'

Can they both be right?
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

(Spoilers)

Keep in mind Harmonia's #1 goal has always been acquiring all the true runes. So I think they captured the FC for the rune as much as for being an insubordinate. I was always under the impression that it'd be pretty hard to keep a True Rune bearer as a generic prisoner. I assumed they took it from him like Luc takes Geddoe's Lightning rune or how Windy was going to take Ted's rune.

So he was a bandit, at some point acquired the rune, used it for personal gain, realized heroic impact he could have with it, fought Harmonia, was captured and the rune was taken, fire bringer freed him and they retook the rune on their way out, then he saves the Grassland. I would think if it was intended Harmonia had the rune before the FC ever did, I can't imagine how he'd stumble across it as a common bandit.