The Queendom of Faleena

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Griffith

The Queendom of Faleena

Post by Griffith »

What exactly is it...and where is it located...just curious...>_>
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I heard that it's a seperate landmass east of Dunan. Other than the fact Georg killed the Falena Queen, there's not much know about it.
Luna Cressier

Post by Luna Cressier »

Theres also the fact that it supposedly deals in slavery and that its dominated by woman (hence Queendom). Georg isnt the only one from Falena though, Killey is (as well as his clan the Crimson Bird), and so is Lorelei.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Morgan is also from Falena. Quote from Suikosource's character list -

Morgan (Chian Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Warrior
Events: Gate Rune Wars
Morgan is originally from Falena where he was a gladiator. As a slave swordsman, he was so powerful that he always won. Thus, his eyes were removed to equal the odds in the gladiatorial arena. However, even after he became blind, he was equally powerful due to his focus into his inner being. Because of that, Falena sold him to the Island Nations. During the voyage, the ship he was on was destroyed by a storm and Morgan luckily washed up in Toran. He then joined the Qlon Temple where he continues to hone his inner being. He joined with the Toran Liberation Army for a while, but after the war he returned to Qlon Temple for further meditation.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

Doesn't Morgan say "i've been blind since birth" when you recruit him?
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

It's easier to say that than explain what really happened. And he probably wants his past to be left alone.
Reideen

Post by Reideen »

yeah and did you see this line under his Eyes ?
Looks obviously like brandmarks to me...
If you find mistakes keep them for yourself.
[GER]
LunarLista

Post by LunarLista »

I thought Morgan was blind because he kept winning in the gladiator battles. I don't know.

Anyway, these are the facts that we know about this Queendom.....

1) Queendom of Falena is ruled by a queen(obviously)
2) Slavery is in this country
3) Gladiators fight for freedom
4) This country is east of the main continent the Suikoden games mostly take place in
5) Morgan, Killey and George came from this country
6) A Sindar Ruin resides here
7) Woman are the dominant gender(YAY)

Sounds like Rome turned upside down.......
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

LunarLista wrote:I thought Morgan was blind because he kept winning in the gladiator battles.
You are correct, the Queen had them removed so his battles would be more challenging.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Actually, gladiators fight in Falena for the citizens' entertainment, not for their freedom.

The proof would be that Morgan fought for years without freedom, and was even blinded to level the playing field.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

4) This country is east of the main continent the Suikoden games mostly take place in
Actually I think the continent has a tendancy to shift with respect to it's location description.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Actually, gladiators fight in Falena for the citizens' entertainment, not for their freedom.

Proof is the fact that Morgan always wins in the tournaments and yet he was still a slave.
Quote from Suikosource.

"It is said that slavery is prevalent in Falena, and slaves are known to be forced to fight in gladiatorial arenas as entertainment for its citizens."

The slaves are forced to fight.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

When did I say they weren't forced to fight?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

It seemed like you were implying that they fight for entertainment, and weren't forced, my bad. We don't know if they fought for freedom, but thats what most slaves would do. The bio only says he always won, but that doesn't mean he fought tons of battles. And Falena sold him away when they could have just killed him.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Morgan must've been in a lot of fights in order to justify removing his eyes. It wouldn't be very good justification is he had only beaten a few people, especially if they were wimps.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.