Travel times

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Nikisaur

Travel times

Post by Nikisaur »

Hey guys. I'm just wondering, roughly how long would the journey take, travelling on foot, from Kuskus to South Window? Or South Window to North Window?

I'm wondering about the escape from Muse, then South Window, just trying to get the timeframes right in my head. I know it's not an exact science :p
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Re: Travel times

Post by Hirathien »

I'd say a day from North Window to South Window, but then again, I'm terrible at this kind of thing. But there's probably not an easy way to figure out, if you even can. Since unless they say how long it takes in the game, the furthest we got is speculation.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Yeah I know it's speculation. But I bet there's someone who can take a more educated stab at it than I can :)
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

When Riou, Nanami and Pilika flee from Muse at night we have that scene where they sleep under a tree. The next morning when we cut to the worldmap we see they are roughly more than halfway to Coronet. So if they could cover that distance in less than a night I guess it would be no stretch to say it's about a half days travel on foot from Muse to Coronet. And the distance between S.W and Kuskus/N.W is about the same if not even less.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

True. Although it is a night raid on Muse. RPG games aren't very specific on day/night over the world map. Another instance of plot vs. gameplay.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

How about when Shu burnt through five horses or whatever it was to get to Northwindow from Radat town? Would that be more plot orientated like your looking for? Say it is five horses, a horse for each day and then lets say that it takes three times as long on foot. So it would take just over two weeks to get to from one side of the Southwindow area to the other. Its a pretty lousy theory i'll admit but maybe its more in the direction that you were asking...
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Yeah definitely a more plot related estimate.

I think it was 3 horses, from memory.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Ok well if it does three times as long on foot and it is three horses i would guess that it takes about a day to reach southwindow from Kuskus and three days to go from south to north window, maybe?
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Hmm yeah. Something like that. I think a full day's travel fom Kuskus to South Window. Then apply the same distance principle to the SW to NW journey...
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah we did it! Why would you want to know this though, if you dont mind me asking, are you writing a fanfict or something or are you just curious?
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I am. It's a fairly ambitious fic. But if I do something I do it right. Good writing requires research ;)
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Definetely. Ive been researching the first fire bringer war and the scarlet moon succession war for months now. Good luck with the story, I would be interested in reading it when its finished or if you have any drafts.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I don't need to do too much more than just play Suikoden 2, but I like to be as accurate and drop in references when I can. I'll be sure to post it somewhere when there's enough of it to post :)
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I look foward to it, is it a novel version of the game that your writing or is it set in a different time period? like Han and Genkaku times or after the Dunun republic was created?
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

During the events of Suikoden 2. Original Character. Kind of a behind the scenes/ gaiden type thing.