The One Temple

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

The One Temple

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I dont understand what the One Temple is supposed to be. Its a megalithic libary (sounds simular to the Tower of the One true way or whatever its called from Tierkreis), then its a prison where they kept the Flame Champion locked up and its also where Harmonia houses its True Runes. Now those are three very different functions that dont seem to fit together very well. Would the One Temple have different sections perhaps say: the ground floor and the first floor is where the libary is, 2nd floor up is where the prison is and deep underground the True Runes are been kept? Or have i just got this completly wrong?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: The One Temple

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

What's so strange about a palace having a library?

You don't seem confused about the Sun Palace having a dungeon, True Rune room and throne room.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I see it as them gathering their knowledge and power in the same place? Also if I wanted to study something in order to know more about it, like True Runes (read: the nature of the universe), I'd put it near a library, wouldn't you? And the Flame Champion is linked to that I guess.

Or, if you prefer: Building takes ages. They consolidated.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah I do find it quite strange that they would have a dungeon and a rune chamber in a libary that seems to be quite public, considering that people from all over visit it and spend months studying there. Wouldnt they just make seperate buildings if Harmonias such a super power? Crystal valleys massive isnt it? Its quite different to the sun palace that has one rune and no libary. cmon this is Harmonias grand plan, collecting runes i mean, why would they be foolish enough to keep the runes they've collected in a public libary/prison? Wouldnt that be a tad bit risky? It could be a mistranslation, the Circle palace would surely make a more appropriate home for the runes?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The One Temple is separate from the Crystal Palace.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

What i mean is wouldnt somewhere like the Circle palace where Hikusaak is supposed to live, be a more ideal location to store the true runes Harmonia are gathering compared to the the one temple which is said to be this prestigous libary, where the Flame champion was also held prisoner? Actually i just realized im talking bollox, I could have sworn i read that the Flame Champion was imprisoned in the One Temple, but now that i look for evidence i must have just assumed that he did.

I found this information on Suikosource under the True Fire Rune: "it used to be owned by Harmonia. Hidden in the depths of the One Temple, this rune was stolen by the "Fire Bringer." At Gensopedia it says of the rescue of the Flame Champion: "They would return not only having successfully rescued him, but also having taken the True Fire Rune from Harmonia."

But this has raised another confusion as to when the Flame Champion actually aquired it or even if he got it from Harmonia at all because in the Suikosource character bio of the Flame Champion written by KoRnholio, it states: "He began attacking Harmonian convoys with his small band of men and his True Fire Rune, and as his organization grew, he recruited more people." this is before he was a prisoner in Harmonia. It always confused me as to why he would lead a group of bandits called "the fire bringer" if he didnt have the True Fire rune like it states over at Gensopedia. But which one is the correct translation?