Harmonian Imperial Knights?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Harmonian Imperial Knights?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

In Suikogaiden Vol.1 Nash says:
おれはいつだって無力だ。
近衛騎士団で習った剣術も、

When did I become so powerless?
The swordsmanship I learned in the Imperial Knights
Since when does Harmonia have Imperial Knights? This also isn't mentioned in any characters profile for Nash, but they do mention that he used to be a Temple Guard and the only information on Harmonias army I can find is that there's the Temple Guards, Central Army, Regional Army and finally the Southern Fringe Defense Force.

I suppose you could go with Imperial Guards but I can't see anything that's mistakable for Temple.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Harmonian Imperial Knights?

Post by Vextor »

The same word can be translated as "Palace Guards" so it may be the same thing.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

well, Harmonia is essentially an Empire, so it's not like Imperial Guard/Knight wouldn't make sense. however, going on the palace guards theory, a temple is a synonym of palace, particularly in a theocracy since temples are the houses of gods, and in a theocracy the gods are the rulers, and a ruler's home is a palace. Harmonia falls under that category, so palace guards pretty easily shifts to temple guards.

the better question is when did Nash have time to be in the Temple Guard? I thought he spent his youth being a trainee in the Howling Voice Guild.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

This is just interesting trivia, especially since this game is a japanese creation. But it's interesting to note, that the word used for 'temple' by all Semitic languages (which includes Babylonian, Aramaic, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.) is actually a borrowed word from Sumerian (the inventors of writing). The word simply means 'big house'. So technically, in their culture, they could and often did use the same term for either temple or palace (i.e. the heykal of the king or the heykal of God (Hebrew)).