The Differences of Element Runes & other Solo Runes

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
yuberluc

The Differences of Element Runes & other Solo Runes

Post by yuberluc »

Yo Suiko Freakers!
Just Got in my mind,

- What is the differences the True runes of elements & other Solo True Runes?which are more powerful? (you all know if luc succeed the rituals,it might blow up the planet right??)

- Is The rune of beginning (black sword & white shield) are the most powerful since they are the creator of all the true runes?
Chaos will suit me just fine
27x4=108

Re: The Differences of Element Runes & other Solo Runes

Post by 27x4=108 »

I dont know exactly but I think all True Runes have the same power, I mean, in Suikoden I Windy fights Leknaat, so there are a war between 2 halves, and they tie, then Yuber helps Windy, and there is a 1,5 vs 0,5, and Yuber and Windy wins, then Joshua appears and help, so is a 1,5 vs 1,5, and they tie, finallly Tir helps out too, and you finally win in a 1,5 vs 2,5, so for me all the True Runes have the same power.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

yuberluc wrote:Is The rune of beginning (black sword & white shield) are the most powerful since they are the creator of all the true runes?
The True Rune of Beginning is not the actual Sword and Shield from the Suikoden creation story.

The creation story goes like this (off the top of my head): Darkness shed a tear, and that tear became Sword and Shield. Sword claimed it could cut anything, while Shield said it could defend anything. The two clashed and broke apart. Sword became the sky, while Shield became the earth. The 27 gems that adorned them became the 27 true runes.

So, the Rune of Beginning is not the actual Sword and Shield, but a representation of them in Rune form. The Rune of Beginning has two halves: Black Sword and Bright Shield, which function as a retelling of the creation story.

All the True Runes were born from Sword and Shield, thus you could say that they are all equally powerful. But keep in mind, all the Runes are sentient as well, and who knows what their intentions are, and if humans could even understand a Rune's intentions or true power.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Rooks wrote:
yuberluc wrote:Is The rune of beginning (black sword & white shield) are the most powerful since they are the creator of all the true runes?

The creation story goes like this (off the top of my head): Darkness shed a tear, and that tear became Sword and Shield. Sword claimed it could cut anything, while Shield said it could defend anything. The two clashed and broke apart. Sword became the sky, while Shield became the earth. The 27 gems that adorned them became the 27 true runes.

Yes, but if the sword n shield were not clashed, all true runes will never created..
so then is Suiko2, are riou n jowy using the same true rune of the beginning that we talking but right now?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

not sure what you mean.

you have the mythic sword and shield, which clash and break apart, releasing the 27 true runes into the world. one of those true runes created is the rune of beginning, which at some point in time further divided into the black shield rune and the bright sword rune, echoing the clashing between the mythic sword and shield that created the world.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

eldrasidar wrote:not sure what you mean.

you have the mythic sword and shield, which clash and break apart, releasing the 27 true runes into the world. one of those true runes created is the rune of beginning, which at some point in time further divided into the black shield rune and the bright sword rune, echoing the clashing between the mythic sword and shield that created the world.
Are you saying that The Rune of Beginning (black Sword & Bright Shield) are not the same sword n shield which created 27 true runes? i don't get it.. i thought it was the same. (sorry bout this confusion)

Is the Rune of the elements is more special (since they have earth,wind,fire,water & lightning) than the solo true rune one?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yes, the rune of beginning is not the same as the sword and shield which created the true runes, at least as I understand it. I understand the black sword and bright shield runes to be like miniature replicas of the actually sword and shield from which the are formed. kinda like if you took part of the statue of liberty and made a mini statue of liberty out it.

there is no single "rune of the elements", each element has its own unique true rune, so there are five elemental true runes, that are all equal in power to any other true rune.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, the Rune of the Beginning is a true rune that "represents" the original struggle between the sword and shield. Not the actual sword and shield themselves. All of the True Runes "represent" some aspect, and none of them are actually the aspect itself.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Seems logical that if the 27 True Runes were the jewels that adorned Sword and Shield then it's not possible for Sword and Shield to be 2 of the jewels as that would make them adorn themselves.

Kinda like wearing your own head as a hat.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.