Where did "Hachifusa" Rune (Eigthfold Rune) mention?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Zellmard Cairea

Where did "Hachifusa" Rune (Eigthfold Rune) mention?

Post by Zellmard Cairea »

does anyone know where did the Eightfold Rune/Hachifusa Rune mention in any official Suikoden-related?
i dont remember whether it was mentioned in Suikoden II, Suikoden III or in any of Suikoden Books
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Where did "Hachifusa" Rune (Eigthfold Rune) mention?

Post by Vextor »

It's been mentioned in a number of publications, but never in the game itself.
Zellmard Cairea

what publications?can u tell me more specific?because when i read the Eightfold Rune page in Gensopedia,it tells that this rune appeared in Suikoden II and Suikoden III...
and i didnt remember and recognize that it has been told in Suikoden II nor Suikoden III...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

In the Suikoden 2 108 characters guide and the Genso Suikogaiden World Guide to name a few.
All of these publications are only available in Japan though.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

when you have access to Yuber in suikoden three, you can use the eightfold rune he has equipped (or more painfully if you are fighting Yuber, he can use the eightfold rune on you). Since it is the only Rune really connected with him, you can surmise that he used in Suikoden 2 when he was attacked Greenhill(supposedly he gets his summoning powers from it). However, I don't think anyone ever actually talks about the eightfold rune in any in-game dialogue.
Zellmard Cairea

eldrasidar wrote:when you have access to Yuber in suikoden three, you can use the eightfold rune he has equipped (or more painfully if you are fighting Yuber, he can use the eightfold rune on you). Since it is the only Rune really connected with him, you can surmise that he used in Suikoden 2 when he was attacked Greenhill(supposedly he gets his summoning powers from it). However, I don't think anyone ever actually talks about the eightfold rune in any in-game dialogue.
but as i know,the power Yuber used in Suikoden III is the Eight Devil Rune,kind of a child rune derived from the Eightfold Rune itself...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

eldrasidar wrote:when you have access to Yuber in suikoden three, you can use the eightfold rune he has equipped
It clearly says EightDEVIL not EightFOLD.

And just take one look at what the ability it has and you'd realize that it'd be the most underwhelming True Rune of all time.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Calm down Le Klueze.

Anyways...... my theory about the eight devil rune that yuber is able to use during suikoden III is that it is a child rune of the eightfold rune.

In suikoden I and II we know now that luc had the true wind rune. But in the game he was only equipped with a wind rune, which is a child rune of the true wind.

Of course...the only thing that puzzles me is why sierra is equipped with a darkness rune in II....since it is a child rune of the soul eater...interesting indeed.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's been shown a couple times that characters rarely want to use their true runes, as it may drain more energy than a common rune.
there is nothing wrong with using other types of runes like Darkness for Sierra -- it's just their preference and/or they know how to use it well.