Rune of the Beginning

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Hxc Flavor

Rune of the Beginning

Post by Hxc Flavor »

This True Rune is still very mysterious to me. The explanation of it's powers in the Runes database is pretty vague other than it saying it has the power to "judge wars" and that the Black Sword and Bright Shield runes are always seperate. Can we talk about what is the point of this rune and what it can do?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Sagiri

Re: Rune of the Beginning

Post by Sagiri »

27 True Runes
In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

That being said, the Rune of Beginning represents the Sword and Sheild. They are destined to fight each other, so they are always seperate. The ability to judge wars must have been spawned from their own battle, and it is my belief that their battle spawned war itself. I think they have the ability to judge how long the war should go, who will fight, the purpose, or even if the war itself is worth fighting. They could decide when and where the war will break out.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

When they say that it can judge war I guess they mean that it governs the concept of conflict. The Bright Shield and Black Sword runes both seem to represent two different aspects of war that don't mean much on their own, but once they are put together...
Makes me wonder if anyone's been succesful in making the rune whole again, even for a small amount of time.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

DoReMi_Vampire wrote:When they say that it can judge war I guess they mean that it governs the concept of conflict. The Bright Shield and Black Sword runes both seem to represent two different aspects of war that don't mean much on their own, but once they are put together...
Makes me wonder if anyone's been succesful in making the rune whole again, even for a small amount of time.
Supposedly Riou (if you choose the normal ending) when he accepted the BlackSword from Joey that make him the proud owner of The Rune of Beginning.

One note about this rune : This rune is not the original Sword and Shield that battle at the beginning of Suikoverse.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.