rate of Communacation

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
tovath

rate of Communacation

Post by tovath »

Does anyone know how fast people are able to communicate with others in different parts of the world. Ace mentions getting letters in S3 and the detectives seem to get information they could only get elsewhere very fast.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: rate of Communacation

Post by KFCrispy »

considering they don't have internet, telephones, or telegraphs or anything of that nature (although... Gadget uses a satellite or something), everything travels by foot and word of mouth. i'm not sure where you're going with this, but information typically becomes available at the convenience of the plot.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I don't think information goes around too fast. I remember some people in Tactics in Kooluk not knowing anything about the Island Liberation War. Thats pretty.. dumb.
tovath

Post by tovath »

KFCrispy wrote: everything travels by foot and word of mouth. i'm not sure where you're going with this, but information typically becomes available at the convenience of the plot.
Well if you are writing a fanfic and have one group of characters one place and another somewhere else then how fast information can get from one group to another does become a plot point.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The "speed" of getting communication across is quite variable in Suikoden. An event can take place and everyone knows of it instantly (because some poor running messenger managed to make it back "in time") while you can be completely oblivious of other facts (like Teo returning from the Jowston border to fight the Liberation army).

Just go by "runner" speed and if that's not possible, don't forget that Viki's not the only one who has a Blinking Rune.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I'm not too sure, but I remember something about Shu showing up pretty much after your party gets back to your HQ. He said something about going through a number of horse to get there so fast. So probably factor in mounted messengers... Also the Razril nights had those Nasel birds for messages too.

And then there's magic.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

They also have their people spy, talk with contacts etc etc.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

tovath wrote:
KFCrispy wrote: everything travels by foot and word of mouth. i'm not sure where you're going with this, but information typically becomes available at the convenience of the plot.
Well if you are writing a fanfic and have one group of characters one place and another somewhere else then how fast information can get from one group to another does become a plot point.
Plenty of stories simply make the intelligent guy on top of everything, even before it happens, because he has intelligence everywhere. This method was used plenty by Caesar in the second half of Suikoden 3.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Nikisaur wrote:I'm not too sure, but I remember something about Shu showing up pretty much after your party gets back to your HQ. He said something about going through a number of horse to get there so fast. So probably factor in mounted messengers... Also the Razril nights had those Nasel birds for messages too.

And then there's magic.
He goes from Radat to North Window, and I think he says he used 3 horses, and thats why he came in less than 1 day.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S