Global Map

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Sefiros

Global Map

Post by Sefiros »

Has anyone drawn a complete map of the Suikoden world? It would help make sense to figuring out the plot is we had a visual aid to where the nations actually are to each other.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Global Map

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Sefiros wrote:Has anyone drawn a complete map of the Suikoden world? It would help make sense to figuring out the plot is we had a visual aid to where the nations actually are to each other.

here are the best 2 maps i was every to find, maybe some one else has made a better ones. don't know.

http://www.duefiumi.com/pictures/world_map.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3968 ... apapf8.jpg
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

The Due Fiumi map is really helpful, thanks for the links!
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I'm pretty sure that I've read on some other forum that both maps are slightly inaccurate in regards to the New Armes Kingdom. I think it's supposed to extend further north as a peninsula, somewhat like the state of Michigan in the USA.

Also, here's a list of areas that I don't think have been seen in-game, and therefore are not definitive:

Eastern land mass
the majority of Gaien
the northern edge of Falena
most of Harmonia (even though they left it empty on the maps, there's presumably more geographic diversity than is shown)
the western continent including Zelant
Kanakan
the Nameless lands
Camaro knights
Badlands
everything south of Zexen and west of Tinto (really, almost the entire western shoreline)
Black Dragon Island
Presumably, there's more to the southern continent. Certainly Nagarea has to be bigger if it's to be considered a real threat.

All of this is not to discount the creative accomplishment that someone put in to making these maps. I'm just pointing out what is authoritative (from the game) and what is guessing on the part of the fan artist. I suppose that something could have come from another source like a manga or something like that. If that's the case, someone else can correct me.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Due fiumi's map isn't based on in-game or publication info, but is instead based on a presentation the suikoden development team gave to Konami executives on what Suikoden V would be like.
Within the presentation, the entire world's map was included, along with precise locations of places like the Black Dragon Island, Zelant, the Eastern Continent, the entire shape of Gaien, etc.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Those detailed maps appeared in the the preorder DVD that came along with Japanese release of Suikoden V, ya? The Southern Continent isn't covered in there though.

Looks like Diu Fiumi updated their global map.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Vextor wrote:Due fiumi's map isn't based on in-game or publication info, but is instead based on a presentation the suikoden development team gave to Konami executives on what Suikoden V would be like.
Within the presentation, the entire world's map was included, along with precise locations of places like the Black Dragon Island, Zelant, the Eastern Continent, the entire shape of Gaien, etc.
That's good to know. I always wondered where most of the stuff came from. Especially the eastern continent. I don't believe that it has ever been mentioned in any of the games, has it?
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Wow I always wondered what the whole Suikoden world looked like. Due Fiumi's map is very impressive and definitly leaves room for many many games to come. I never played Tactics all the way through, so my question is how come in SIV the closest you get to Gaien is Razril that was wierd. If they included Gaien in the plot it would have been a nice break from being out on the water and going to the few towns that they had on the islands. Again I haven't completed Tactics but I do believe you get to go to the Kooluk Empire above El-Eal from what the story told me so far so atleast thats not a total mystery. I agree Nagarea must be bigger than that if they are considered to be a threat and I also believe that goes form New Armes Kingdom too. I think Armes should stretch a little farther east. Then wow again the Western Continent is huge and a big mystery I can't wait to see what they do over there. I can already see if theres a "final suikoden" game that Harmonia (if they really are the most powerful in the world) making a southern expansion trying to convert all of the countries, that would be insane. I'm just glad to finnaly see a map.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Its really an impressive map, I never knew how far the Toran republic stretched out down south toward the INF, assuming that the former Kooluk Empire is part of the republic.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Im not sure if Kooluk is part of the republic . I would have figured if it was they'd have used Neclords zone as the Kooluk empire instead of adding more land to the south. I figure Kooluk must have become something else. Possibly even now controled by the island nations. I really don't understand why Toran controls any area south of the rivers since its all mountains and not really any land to create anything.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

snakebite105 wrote:Im not sure if Kooluk is part of the republic . I would have figured if it was they'd have used Neclords zone as the Kooluk empire instead of adding more land to the south. I figure Kooluk must have become something else. Possibly even now controled by the island nations. I really don't understand why Toran controls any area south of the rivers since its all mountains and not really any land to create anything.
Iirc Kooluk collapsed into multiple small kingdoms/states. Maybe the SME took some land of it; I mean they always had border struggles and stuff...
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Thats the easiest to assume but because it wasen't present in Suikoden 1 I assume something else happend to it. You could say "Well just because we didn't see it in suikoden 1 doesn't mean it wasent controled by the Scarlet Moon Empire" But I don't buy that.

They're trying to expand the suikoden world and by calling that part of the new Toran Republic they arn't doing that beacause we won't revisit the Toran republic for a long time if ever.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I just assume that Kooluk dissolved and the land was annexed by the Scarlet Moon Empire afterwards, because of the many heated border disputes between the two empires. If that is true and nothing has happen, the former Kooluk Empire would be part of the Toran Republic. Of course, I do not know what actually happen to the Kooluk Empire and as stated above they simply could have form into small states or even principalities.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

As shown by Banner, we know that there are areas within the Scarlet Moon Empire not shown in Suikoden I. Wouldn't be surprised if some parts of Kooluk that bordered it was absorbed after the war.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

ya but thats the boring answer.