Village of the elves. Back door entrance?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Jack of All Trades

Village of the elves. Back door entrance?

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I'm trying to figure out an alternate way into the village of the elves that doesn't involve going through the forest of illusion. I've been looking through some of the world maps online, but making sense of some of them is tough. According to the map, it looks like you may be able to take the river to Kooluk and eventually take a boat to Lukaie Endo Towayo. Does anybody have a good feel for Suikogeography?

http://www.geocities.com/craziersaiyan/ ... otated.jpg
JanusThePaladin

Re: Village of the elves. Back door entrance?

Post by JanusThePaladin »

If you accept this map as accurate, and from my knowledge its pretty close, you could travel up into Toran, circle around the moutains through the badlands into kooluk, and then north into the elven forest. Of course, this is extremely circuituitous, but it works.
Jack of All Trades

Is there some reason why you cannot just take the river to the "small border village"?
JanusThePaladin

I'd say it depends on what you're doing. If you're moving a small force, then yes the river is the best and quickest move. However, if you're moving a large scale army, you're smarter move is the circuitous route, and once you conquer you then use the river as a supply run. I would think as you're avoiding the use of the Great Forest Maze you do not have the elves' help, and are more then likely moving in force.

Oh i did find a problem. You're going ot hit the Dunan rapids. Without a special boat like the one Gon makes in S1, you wont be able to traverse them.
Jack of All Trades

I'm just thinking about a small party...

You might be right about the rapids. Damn.
JanusThePaladin

Maybe have them portage around it? Theres got to be relatively flat land there, if i remember correctly. I'm playing S1 again, so i'll know in a few days, but i think that the ground wasnt moutainous....

The map shows them as mountainous. However, if you'll remember, Viktor and Flik traversed the badlands in order to reach the the City States of Jowston, so I dont think it would be difficult to have your characters traverse it back. If i'm to take your other posts into account, its Odessa and Georg Prime, if Flik and Viktor can make that trip, Georg definitely can.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

maybe your characters can take the boat to that small side-river and traverse the mountains? Deathblow Georg has no fear^^
Jack of All Trades

Yeah I think the rapids were after that left turn to Liukan's...

How many days would that kind of journey take realistically?
JanusThePaladin

Extremely long. You're traversing over mountains man! Its going to be an uphill climb from one side, then a down hill slope. You're looking at, depending on the individual strength of your people no more then 10 miles a day. Maybe less with Huan a doctor who probably doesnt get much exercise, and 15 year old Odessa. The badlands route would be probably less treacherous, but equally as dangerous. I would estimate that both ways would take the same amount of time. Atleast a couple months.
Jack of All Trades

It's funny when you translate these games into a timespan. How long do you think it would take to get from say Rikon To the Village of the Elves if you had an elf (not stallioin)and just crossed the forest of illusion?
JanusThePaladin

given that size of that forest? Even on a trail? atleast a month. Thank god for Viki eh? Anyway, you're fastest move is your original idea, you just need to come up with something clever to get around the rapids.