Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Iesous

Re: Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Post by Iesous »

It depends on your cosmology. In the Judeo-Christian worldview, light and dark (and hence day and night) were created before the sun and the moon. Therefore, Sun would not strictly be the opposite of night. However, other worldviews (and I'm just speculating now) could see it as KFCrispy is describing it: that night is the absence of the Sun, which would make them opposites.

The Moon rune might not have an opposite. I think we've established in the past that some runes don't have any opposite (Soul Eater, Punishment, Gate, Dragon, Beast, Beginning, Eightfold, Sovereign), while some do (Night-Sun, possibly Circle-Change), and some (the elementals) almost form a ring of opposite. Actually counting it up, there are nine that don't have an opposite as of yet, and only nine unknown true runes. It seems that the general trend is that true runes normally do not have an opposite. (I also know that even Circle, Change, Night, and Sun all control opposites within themselves.)

On topic; I used to think that the Resurrection rune was the second child of the life and death rune until I found out that the Japanese name was Exorcism rune. Also, color of the rune seems to matter. It definitely doesn't look like the Soul Eater. It may look a little like the Moon rune, but I don't think it does enough. We don't know what the Night rune looked like as a rune, but if the Star rune is any indication, it doesn't look like they fit together. My guess is on an unknown true rune.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

I don't think I've seen anything about it, but does the Dragon Rune have any children? Or is it the bachelor of the rune set? If the Dragon Rune has no function other than to allow Dragon's to exist in the world, then what kinds of other magic could it possess?

It's almost like the Gate Rune in that it allows creatures to come to be in the world. The only thing I can think of is Jeane's Charm rune that kind of manipulates creatures into protecting her. But that's kind of a long shot.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

In my point of view, Resurrection rune comes from Qlon. Maybe it was created there, Qlon is a little bit mysterious area because of the presence of cave of past.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Mocreza

Post by Mocreza »

I think maybe the Marley Family that created Resurrection Rune

Anyway, hello guys^^
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mocreza wrote:I think maybe the Marley Family that created Resurrection Rune

Anyway, hello guys^^
Unlikely, as it also appears in Suikoden V and in Suikoden IV (but only in the code - but still, it's a sign that the rune was supposed to be there). Also, so far, we have never heard of a man creating a rune.
Pen

Post by Pen »

Antimatzist wrote:
Mocreza wrote:I think maybe the Marley Family that created Resurrection Rune

Anyway, hello guys^^
Unlikely, as it also appears in Suikoden V and in Suikoden IV (but only in the code - but still, it's a sign that the rune was supposed to be there). Also, so far, we have never heard of a man creating a rune.
Isn't the Falcon Rune created by someone from Kanakan?

And the Trickster rune as well created by Junpo?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The Falcon Rune also already existed in Suikoden IV. And the Trickster-Rune in Suikoden V. Actually, it's never explained if these are man-made or they just use it for their purposes. Like the Swallow Rune which is only used by female Ninja(-like) characters.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:The Falcon Rune also already existed in Suikoden IV. And the Trickster-Rune in Suikoden V. Actually, it's never explained if these are man-made or they just use it for their purposes. Like the Swallow Rune which is only used by female Ninja(-like) characters.
Genshu used Swallow too,didn't he?

As for the Resurrection Rune...Eresh used it first right?

I don't remember any Resurrection Rune in SIV,but Eresh used it first before Fukien.

Maybe she's been around during SIV,but who knows anyway?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There's a resurrection rune in the code of Suikoden IV, but it's not available in-game, probably because there are only three undead enemies in the game.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:There's a resurrection rune in the code of Suikoden IV, but it's not available in-game, probably because there are only three undead enemies in the game.
Haha sorry for delayed answer...now saw it.

Likewise, in S3 only undead enemies existed in Neclord's Castle...no? :roll:
Svallkille

Post by Svallkille »

You mean Suikoden 2? Then no in tinto area and in the mines there are undead
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

In Suikoden, there are also some Ghost monsters, e.g. in the dwarf mines. There are 10 enemies weak to Holy - in Suikoden IV, there would be like 3, including bosses.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Svallkille wrote:You mean Suikoden 2? Then no in tinto area and in the mines there are undead
Ah sorry, i meant SI.