Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
exo

Re: Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Post by exo »

snakebite105 wrote:ya but why can't the moon and night runes have dark element aswell? moon is the rune of the undead afterall.
The Moon Rune is of dark element (IMO) and it has connections to vampiric powers (undead).
Night Rune is also of dark element (I think) and it could destroy undeads.
However, none of their spells have been confirmed.
The Darkness Rune however, has two (If I'm not mistaken) spells that are the same the Soul Eater possess.
The Similarities between the Darkness Runes and the Soul Eater is much more profound than the other runes. That's why I assume, the Darkness is the child of the Soul Eater.
The Resurrection Runes parent/true rune is probably the opposite counter part of either the Moon Rune, the Night Rune or the Soul Eater.
I guess we'll just have to wait for the revelation in the next games.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

It cant really be the opposite of the Night Rune. as for some reason the opposite of Night is Sun. God only knows why that is. It cant be the opposite of the Soul Eater, because the Soul Eater already composes its opposite, as its the Rune of Life and Death. So by your theory it has to be the opposite of the Moon Rune.

This kinda does bug me. Why was the Sun and Night Rune coupled together as opposites? Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the opposite of Night Day? and isnt the opposite of the Sun the Moon?

I kinda like my theory of the Resurrection Rune being connected to the Moon Rune, and I may take the time to expound on it later.
exo

Post by exo »

JanusThePaladin wrote:It cant really be the opposite of the Night Rune. as for some reason the opposite of Night is Sun. God only knows why that is. It cant be the opposite of the Soul Eater, because the Soul Eater already composes its opposite, as its the Rune of Life and Death. So by your theory it has to be the opposite of the Moon Rune.

This kinda does bug me. Why was the Sun and Night Rune coupled together as opposites? Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the opposite of Night Day? and isnt the opposite of the Sun the Moon?

I kinda like my theory of the Resurrection Rune being connected to the Moon Rune, and I may take the time to expound on it later.
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about the sun rune and night rune correlation.
Sun and Moon or Day and Night. If I think about it, the Sun Rune represent two aspect; the day and the sun itself.
So the Sun Rune could be the opposite of the Night and Moon Rune at once. Hmm, that doesn't sound right.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote:It cant really be the opposite of the Night Rune. as for some reason the opposite of Night is Sun. God only knows why that is. It cant be the opposite of the Soul Eater, because the Soul Eater already composes its opposite, as its the Rune of Life and Death. So by your theory it has to be the opposite of the Moon Rune.

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about the sun rune and night rune correlation.
Sun and Moon or Day and Night. If I think about it, the Sun Rune represent two aspect; the day and the sun itself.
So the Sun Rune could be the opposite of the Night and Moon Rune at once. Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

Ya but the moon rune represents undeath so its opposite would be the Life and Death Rune.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
exo

Post by exo »

snakebite105 wrote: Ya but the moon rune represents undeath so its opposite would be the Life and Death Rune.
Uh-huh, Undeath would be the opposite of Life and Death, so until there's more revelation of the story, this might be the more logical...
Unnatural Undeath versus the Natural of Life and Death...
JanusThePaladin

Actually, the Moon Rune represents Compassion and Destruction, not undeath:
Blue Moon Rune

Current Owner: Sierra

Past Owners: Sierra, Blue Moon Village, Neclord

A Rune representing compassion and destruction, this rune also turns its bearer into a vampire. This rune carries with it a huge curse, as it actually dominates its bearer's mind until s/he gains mastery over its powers. When Sierra Mikain came into possession of this rune, she ended up going on a killing rampage, forcing her to retreat into the forest to keep herself from harming others. As she gained mastery over this rune, she was able to tap into the powers of compassion, which diminished her vampiric impulses to drink the blood of the living. This led to the creation of the Blue Moon Village, where Sierra lived with others who had cast their pasts away, such as Rean Penenberg and Neclord. Since then, Sierra removed the Blue Moon Rune from herself and placed it on an altar at the center of the village. However, Neclord, overtaken by the lust for power, stole the Blue Moon Rune and fled, robbing immortality from the villagers other than Sierra. Some of the villagers fled to sustain their immortality through sucking the blood of others.

Although Sierra lost physical possession of the Blue Moon Rune, the rune still recognized her as its master. Thus, when Sierra caught up with Neclord, she was able to command the rune to obey her and deactivate itself.

Neclord used the Blue Moon Rune during the Dunan Unification War to take over Tinto. He unleashed the power of the rune by sacrificing 100 lives to the rune, but the nature of its power is unknown.
It is fueled by lives, but i dont believe that would make it a representation of undeath, as the Beast Rune, the Rune of Life and Death, and the Rune of Punishment are all true runes that feed on lives or souls. Truth be told, as the Night Rune permits the existence, and the destruction of the Undead, it would more represent undeath than the Moon Rune. It seems more to me that the creation of a vampire was a side-effect of the Rune's destructive tendencies, where as the creations of Zombies does not seem to be connected to the Rune itself, but more to individual vampires.
exo

Post by exo »

Is someone know or heard any hints on what kind of parent/true rune of the Resurrection Rune?
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:Is someone know or heard any hints on what kind of parent/true rune of the Resurrection Rune?
I think it might be better to consider that not every rune has a parent.

I doubt they'll ever elaberate on it and I doubt that once every true rune is reveled we'll find that they do not infact control every aspect of the world dispite evidence saying otherwise.

Just throwing it out there.

How does the dragon rune control anything at all in the suikoden world other then the dragons ability to live in the regular world? if it was destroyed would anyone but dragons den care? isent everything that it comprises of just a copy of the gate rune?

Why does Punishment get its own rune when that is really just part of the human condition the same as attonment. They dont exist without behavior so why wasen't it the behavior rune to be the opposite of the beats rune.

Does the viper rune or double beat rune have a parent? Is it called the slaphappy rune?

my point is we may will probably never know.

As for the Night rune. While it allows the existence and destruciton of undead that does not nessesaraly mean it creates them but rather fuels them and the darkness they feed on. We have more evidence for the moon rune to assume it controled undeath then the night rune.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

I dont see how you get that Snakey. The only evidence we have is that people who come in close contact become vampires. however, there are other ways to create vampires, and in S1, Viktor eludes to the idea that there are Runic Vampires out there that were not created by the Moon Rune. Furthermore, Undead is more than just vampires, its also Zombies and Ghouls. We have no proof whatsoever that the Moon Rune has any affinity with either of those.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I dont see how you get that Snakey. The only evidence we have is that people who come in close contact become vampires. however, there are other ways to create vampires, and in S1, Viktor eludes to the idea that there are Runic Vampires out there that were not created by the Moon Rune. Furthermore, Undead is more than just vampires, its also Zombies and Ghouls. We have no proof whatsoever that the Moon Rune has any affinity with either of those.
Viktor does mention that Neclord is a runic vampire but nothing about creating vampires from any way except the moon rune.

as for the moon rune being the rune of undeath its an assumption to further the conversation.
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

I would like to mention a point that might help you remember and base your theories on..

The darkness shed a tear... the tear became Sword and Shield... They fought each other untill heavens and earth got conjured..

(((AND the sparkle of the clash became the stars and the 27 runes ))...

Basicly,there are no rune without it parents..

Hikusaak got the circle rune which can maintain order and balance,, let us not forget how he was able to create Luc and Sasari..

I believe that the Res rune is yet to to be found about.. and to add up something.. The syndar people.... they were like the ancients of this world... so I believe they came across something or a TR that could be related to the RES R...
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

There is simply not enough information available to determine who the parent rune is of the resurrection rune. If I had to speculate; I would put my money on either the Night Rune or the Soul Eater.

Also, for anyone who is interested about the origins of runes in general; I made a topic a long time ago that gave a deep hypothesis on runes and their hierarchy. I think the resurrection rune was mentioned near the end, I can't exactly remember. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=8440
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
FUUSUULUU

Post by FUUSUULUU »

Definitely the Blue Moon Rune. It can RESURRECT stuff, Just like the BMR.
So Sayeth the FUU.
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Looking about the gamplay system, no one of these true rune owner would have enought affinity with the resurrection rune...

Code: Select all

GSII Affinity
BG* Dark. Earth Fire Lit. Res. Water Wind
Character
Riou C C C C C B C C
Sierra C A C C A - - B
McDohl B A C C C C B C
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it actually makes sense to put Night Rune opposite from the Sun Rune. what is night, really? Night is the lack of sunlight. The sun is the source of light, hence the source of "day." The Moon is just a object orbiting the earth, and it certain does appear while the sun is out (on some days you can see them beside each other, and every once in a while we get an eclipse). The moon is often associated with night, but it's not the source.