Is Zelent really "near" the Western Continent

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Templeton
Banned User

Is Zelent really "near" the Western Continent

Post by Templeton »

A map I saw and printed, made by the great John Layfield, displayed the nation of Zelant situated close to the Western Continent and west of Falena none the less. I, however, have a hard time following this. The description of Zelents location is that it is "west of Falena", and if you look at the World map made by John it is very north of the country. My main point is, is that the nation (or kingdom) is a seperate and none shown landmass lying to the direct west of Falena.

I would like to hear if anyone objects or agree's with me and feel free to prove me wrong.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Is Zelent really "near" the Western Continent

Post by patapi »

It was specifically said that the Kingdom of Zelant lies across the sea, to the west of Falena. Therefore, unlike Nagarea and New Armes, looks like it doesn't share a land-based border with the Queendom.

Remember thought that any placement of Zelant in a world map until now is a conjecture. No official word has been released as to where exactly it is located. However we noted the larger world map released alongside Suikoden V's debut that the Western Continent is less west-west and more north-west of Falena.

That world map excludes the land below the northern tip of the Southern Continent though (hence Suikoden V's map is actually not part of it), so there's always the possibility that another landmass exists to the west of Falena that's actually further south. As you said, the game mentioned that Zelant is to the "west of Falena", not the Western Continent.
a_tumiwa

Post by a_tumiwa »

yeah u right, i also agree .
The zelant was said to the west from falena when we know the exact location is to the NorthWest of Falena

other information is nirva island said to the east of Falena when we know from the map of John that he put nirva too far from Sol-Falena and island nations. its far nearer from sol-falena to other islands of island nations federation than that nirva island.

i think Falena is not as big as we think.

so base of the information we got from these;
- Nirva island located on the east of Falena
- Nagarea located on southwest or west of Falena
- Zelant lies across the sea, to the west of Falena
- New Armes located on East of Falena and sharing an ocean boundary with both Falena and the Island Nations Federation

i think the map and the real island location of Falena/NewArmes/Nagarea should be like i attach
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Regrettably that cannot be right.

I have no idea where you get this translated world map, but the original map clearly marks what is called "Southland" in that map as the Queendom of Falena.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

was the original map a scan from an official book or something (with english added on top)?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The map is just stupid as there isn't even a region known as the Southlands. It simply refers to any location south of the current location.

And dunan is suddenly placed in Grasslands/Harmonia.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the english labels looked like they were added on, but the map itself looks like a scan or a fan has some really good map-making skills...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The map is from Genso Suikoshiden, a bonus encyclopaedia-like DVD that came with preorders of Suikoden V. Japanese release, of course.

The world map is probably the only exclusive info in the entire compilation, though. It also confirms the locations uncovered by the games including Kanakan, Black Dragon Isle, Western Continent, etc.

Despite being published as an accompaniment for Suikoden V, only the tip of the Southern Continent is shown though. So we still don't have official information how exactly new nations like New Armes, Zelant or Nagarea fit into the world map.