Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Post by patapi »

These remind me of the days when Georg Prime's chronology of events was misinterpreted.
veriaqa wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:Is "Blue Moon Rune" acceptable? definitely
Acceptable only in forums and fans talks. Not in a website that supposedly provide the right information.
Imagine attempting to update Wikipedia with the official name, and having everyone else reverting and insisting that their version is the "correct" one.

Even when Konami pretty much made legit the heroes' novel names ("Tir" in the radio drama, for example), they have been very meticulous in making sure that they revert to the only default and official "Shujinkou" for all the series' lead characters at all the other official instances (the 2009 calendar listing, an instance that's more recent than the radio drama).

It's never too late to make amends.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

KFCrispy wrote:we do know "Blue Moon" is used for things associated with the rune, so there is some sort of official link. i can't say for certain if it's been mentioned in other sources like the official novelizations. i think we can just leave this topic open to cite anything that calls the rune itself the Blue Moon Rune.
some 'sort' of official?? dood you make me laugh

we do know Blue Moon- has been used on a number of other things EXCEPT the rune (official-wise and not parlor talk-wise)

let's emphasize that more clearly

EXCEPT the rune (by far)

well then if we're giving names based on what it's associates are, why don't we call the rune from Sol Falena,

the Sol Falena Rune?

it's worshipped by its citizens right?

pretty much like the Moon rune and the Blue Moon Village

point is, 'linking' and 'widely accepted' doesn't automatically mean 'correct'

we wouldn't want the site to be called "Your Some Sort of Source for Suikoden" now would we?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sol Falena is the name of a city and does not actually reflect the true rune's name. if it's called Holy Sun City, and they have a church that worships the Sun Rune and it's called Holy Sun Church, and the army is the Holy Sun Army rather than being named after the country, then there is a reason to speculate that the Sun Rune is also known as "Holy Sun Rune" by its citizens. If the Gate Clan was called Heavenly Gate Clan, there would be reason to believe the Gate Rune may also be known as the Heavenly Gate Rune.

When something is obviously named after a true rune, it speaks to the reputation of the rune itself.

We can update the true runes section to call it the Moon Rune; that is reasonable.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

why thank you for citing more instances that support veriaqa's claim

Holy Sun- and Blue Moon-

both used for a couple of other things EXCEPT the rune
KFCrispy wrote:When something is obviously named after a true rune, it speaks to the reputation of the rune itself.
but apparently, not indicative of the true rune's real name

'reason to believe' is purely subjective and stand little against hard evidence

like oh say, in-game statement of the name Moon/Sun Rune
We can update the true runes section to call it the Moon Rune; that is reasonable.
Kudos veriaqa
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I really dont want to replying again in this thread, but... it's have been more than 6 months and no change in the true rune section of this website.

Ah well... I think I will like blue moon rune too.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

persistent aren't you??!! i've updated the True Runes section. i can't promise "Blue Moon Rune" is gone from our site, but that name is no longer used for the True Rune's description :)
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

where can i find the runes descriptions?
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oh yes, the Suikoden 2 108 Characters guide, an official publication by Konami, shows it as "Aoki Tsuki no Monsho" which translates to "Blue Moon Rune."
That's pretty much the source of why this rune is called "Blue Moon Rune" in many sites.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

"blue moon" or "moon" whats the difference? same thing really! Look at the image of the Rune, its shape like and crescent moon, and is the color blue. Seems pretty obvious to me, but if people want to argue over semantical minutia who am i to complain.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

i guess the best thing to ask would be when are they going to reveal the teal, Magenta and Yellow #6 moon runes next.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah, just like they revealed the Vermilion Moon Empire, Azure Moon Empire and Emerald Moon Empire. Cause obviously if there's one thing with a color in the name there has to be one for every other color.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

man oh man you make on sarcastic comment and suddenly people start mocking you...jeeze...lol
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Its just that the only reason to argue this point is to act like a rabid fan attacking X person becasue your answer is more right then their answer which has just as much grounding.

Its like talking about Yuber and Pesmerga's past and saying someone else is wrong about it dispite having never been discussed.

The point is. It doesn't matter in the story right now and really never has. Wait till it does then make a conclusion.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Vextor wrote:Oh yes, the Suikoden 2 108 Characters guide, an official publication by Konami, shows it as "Aoki Tsuki no Monsho" which translates to "Blue Moon Rune."
That's pretty much the source of why this rune is called "Blue Moon Rune" in many sites.
great, i think this is the *END* of the discussion. i'll update the True Runes section again sometime (btw to get there, go to History at the top and choose True Runes)