Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
LanceHeart

Re: Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Post by LanceHeart »

veriaqa wrote:But in Moon Rune case, the only name ever mentioned in the game is Moon Rune. Blue Moon Rune never mentioned in the game. (There was Blue Moon Village - but it is a village name). So if we use the same rule of canon, the name of the rune is Moon Rune who in turn gave its name to a village with some twist - Blue Moon Village. Why the village is called blue? We dont know... maybe all the villager paint their house blue... who knows.

:)
What should be said of the Sun palace in Suikoden V?

Just as the Gate Rune Clan was named after the Gate Rune, the Blue Moon Rune might be the forgotten/formal name of the rune. Much in the same way the Night Rune masquerades as the Zodiac/Star Dragon Sword: Its name was forgotten by all who weren't around when it was once named that way.

It's not so easy to say the Blue Moon Rune isn't the real name of the True Rune.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

LanceHeart wrote:It's not so easy to say the Blue Moon Rune isn't the real name of the True Rune.
lol you say its not so easy to say that Blue Moon Rune is an incorrect name

yet what made you so sure it is the Blue Moon Rune?

whence all your supporting facts are either about separate instances you forcibly corelate with the Blue Moon Rune's case

or fictional scenarios we're not sure really occured
Seiso

Post by Seiso »

Well, Neclord does say "Blue Moon Curse" isn't it? So it needs to come from somewhere, if it's not from Blue Moon Rune... I imagine...

But, sure it's written Moon Rune in that link that you posted (I know a little of japanese)
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

so far the name Blue Moon Rune is based from deductions either from the town or a curse

none of which acts as solid proof that the name is indeed Blue Moon Rune

whence it was clearly stated in the game (or so veriaqa claims) that the name is indeed Moon Rune

so deductions or actual name? which is it gonna be?
vanyelvor

Post by vanyelvor »

what i remember (long long time ago) from s1-2 it was called he blue moon rune but later on they just kept calling it the moon rune I never figured out why they called it
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

vanyelvor wrote:what i remember (long long time ago) from s1-2 it was called he blue moon rune but later on they just kept calling it the moon rune I never figured out why they called it
Please refer to my pictures in the first post of this thread. They all are the only scene Moon Rune mentioned in Suikoden 2.

I've checked it, Moon Rune never mentioned in Suikoden 1. Blue Moon Rune/Village never mentioned too in Suikoden 1.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

veriaqa wrote:Sorry for the double post. :)

Before in this thread, I was asking some people who know Japanesse to confirm my believe about the translation of the rune we talk in Japanesse version of the game. Well i've an answer...

From http://www.freewebs.com/ramsus-kun/Suik ... pter01.htm

"She may look like a sweet young lady on the outside,
but inside she's nothing but an arrogant and sly old woman who doesn't have an ounce of shame.
She's the legitimate successor to one of the "27 True Runes", the "Blue Moon Rune"."

*Sierra's rune is referred to as just the "Moon Rune" (????) but to stay consistent with the English translation of Suikoden, we've decided to use "Blue Moon". Also, "legitimate successor" could alternatively be translated as "rightful owner of", which may sound somewhat smoother. "Successor" does seem to be a word that's been used in connection with runes before, though...

Someone have something to say? :wink: ;) Mio?
The screenshots in the first post proved that the official English translation to be "Moon Rune". The village is "Blue Moon Village" though.

Then, the question, how is "Blue Moon Rune" supposed to be consistent with the translation? The rune is called "Moon Rune" in Japanese, and it was translated as such in the English releases. Where did we even get "Blue" from?
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

I've from Europe, and I've played the PAL version, of course. I could be mistaken, but I think that it is called "Blue Moon Rune" all the way through PAL. I haven't checked. Too lazy.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

vanyelvor wrote:what i remember (long long time ago) from s1-2 it was called he blue moon rune
A little like the same situation here..
Early days of Suikoden 2, my childhood years:
It was then I never had an inkling about the so-called internet. heheh

I called the rune 'Blue Moon Rune'. I have no idea why and can't remember if they did even call the rune as such... Therefore, I can't conclude anything about it. Then, I was surprised when a year ago, checked wikipedia and was surprised why the name written is 'Moon Rune' and w/o 'Blue'.

I'm still wondering why I called that Rune as such.. Was it because of the 'Blue Moon Village'?

Hmmm....

Anyone with the same situation?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Seiso wrote:Well, Neclord does say "Blue Moon Curse" isn't it? So it needs to come from somewhere, if it's not from Blue Moon Rune... I imagine...
i wonder if anyone can confirm this point?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If it's true, then it's "Blue Moon Village" and "Blue Moon Curse".

The rune is still simply "Moon Rune"?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's called the Blue Moon Rune in just one publication. Might have been the Encyclopedia but never in the game, neither Japanese or English.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

KFCrispy wrote:
Seiso wrote:Well, Neclord does say "Blue Moon Curse" isn't it? So it needs to come from somewhere, if it's not from Blue Moon Rune... I imagine...
i wonder if anyone can confirm this point?
Yes indeed Neclord says Blue Moon Curse (link nr 3 in my first post of this thread), but he also says "My Moon Rune... " in the same sentence. This scene only shows to us that : there is a true rune by the name Moon Rune which when you sacrifice enough blood and lives (from 100 people) it will generates a curse by the name 'Blue Moon Curse'.
Raww Le Klueze wrote:It's called the Blue Moon Rune in just one publication. Might have been the Encyclopedia but never in the game, neither Japanese or English.
First of all : most of us never know that this publication exist

Second : Its second to the game in canon hierarchy. So when the information contradicts the game, we take information from the game as the right information.

Third : There is a possibility that the publication got the name wrong in the first place. If this is the case, then we have the culprit for all this confusions.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Second : Its second to the game in canon hierarchy. So when the information contradicts the game, we take information from the game as the right information.
If yous ee it that way, then Windy and Barbarossa are dead, not MIA. Afaik their "status" has been explained in one of these publications.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

First of all : most of us never know that this publication exist
So what? If a majority doesn't know about something it doesn't exist or what are you trying to convey here?
veriaqa wrote:Second : Its second to the game in canon hierarchy. So when the information contradicts the game, we take information from the game as the right information.
Too bad it's not contradicting the game then, it's expanding on it.
veriaqa wrote:Third : There is a possibility that the publication got the name wrong in the first place. If this is the case, then we have the culprit for all this confusions.
There is also a possibility that the Earth is flat as well but I wouldn't bet any large sums on that either.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.