Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Post by patapi »

If the new name in the publication was intended as a retcon, subsequent references to the rune would have used the "corrected" title. Like Barbarosa and Windy's MIA status. But we see that Moon Rune is still Moon Rune in all subsequent official lists, including the recent Marugoto. Soul Eater, on the other hand, consistently retains its formal name as the Rune of Life and Death.

You can wish for a flat Earth as much as you want, but this "Blue" seems more and more like a one-off printing error. Where was this retcon printed: which issue of Genso Shinsho?
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:So what? If a majority doesn't know about something it doesn't exist or what are you trying to convey here?
That the majority doesn't know that the publication exist, what else.
Raww Le Klueze wrote:Too bad it's not contradicting the game then, it's expanding on it.
Maybe my 'contradicting' are different from your meaning of 'contradicting'.
But the majority doesn't understand your mean of 'contradicting'.
Raww Le Klueze wrote:There is also a possibility that the Earth is flat as well but I wouldn't bet any large sums on that either.
Are we getting back to dark ages? Am I supposed to answer this?
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Contradicting would mean the official name is only the Moon Rune and that Blue Moon Rune isn't a name the rune has been called before.

Is that what you're suggesting, or are you suggesting that the most common and accepted name should be Moon Rune instead of Blue Moon Rune? If it's the latter, that's been my point all along. If it's the former, then go into more detail as to how we should just ignore everything that calls it "Blue Moon" and go with Moon exclusively from now on.
Formerly known as: Gothann
johnrolliemar0709

Post by johnrolliemar0709 »

Is that what you're suggesting, or are you suggesting that the most common and accepted name should be Moon Rune instead of Blue Moon Rune? If it's the latter, that's been my point all along. If it's the former, then go into more detail as to how we should just ignore everything that calls it "Blue Moon" and go with Moon exclusively from now on

u hve a point ther dud..... may sarili tayo paniniwla nyahahhaha! getz mo veriaqa
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

LanceHeart wrote:Contradicting would mean the official name is only the Moon Rune and that Blue Moon Rune isn't a name the rune has been called before.

Is that what you're suggesting, or are you suggesting that the most common and accepted name should be Moon Rune instead of Blue Moon Rune? If it's the latter, that's been my point all along. If it's the former, then go into more detail as to how we should just ignore everything that calls it "Blue Moon" and go with Moon exclusively from now on.
It's not about "most common and accepted" or exclusivity; it's about learning and confirming the true name of the true rune.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

LanceHeart wrote:Contradicting would mean the official name is only the Moon Rune and that Blue Moon Rune isn't a name the rune has been called before.

I never "suggesting that the most common and accepted name should be Moon Rune instead of Blue Moon Rune". Infact, from the first post I gave you a fact(with some proof) that the rune name is Moon Rune.

Everything that calls it Blue Moon Rune? There is only one publication that calls it Blue Moon. Everything else calls it Moon Rune.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

And Konmai can't seem to find a reason to release the PSP version of Suikoden I+II?

Seems they've never heard of ebay let alone know about the ungodly amount of errors and/or typos in Suikoden II.
lechaflan

Post by lechaflan »

as interested as i am in knowing everything about the true runes, my opinion falls more toward the topic creator's ideas and expressions and whoever supports him. but above all else, the only thing that doesn't allow me to take a good stance on this debate we have here is that this game did have its typos. the links from the topic creator's first post could very well have typos which i actually wouldn't doubt especially since there's no solid consistency with the terms 'blue moon curse' and 'moon rune'. because of inconsistency, i can't even assume what the canon name is. i'll just leave it up to konami.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you want to leave it up to Konami, then it should be Moon Rune. Blue Moon CURSE isn't a rune, neither is the Blue Moon VILLAGE. Suikoden II might have had many typos, but the translation of Moon Rune is all but consistent with its name in the Japanese version, as shown in this topic.
veriaqa wrote:Everything that calls it Blue Moon Rune? There is only one publication that calls it Blue Moon. Everything else calls it Moon Rune.
Of course, this is assuming that we can be certain which specific publication printed the name as "Blue" Moon Rune in the first place.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Antimatzist wrote:If yous ee it that way, then Windy and Barbarossa are dead, not MIA. Afaik their "status" has been explained in one of these publications.
Err... I've checked the game again (Suikoden on PS1) -yes i have that so much free time :P - and I couldn't find any reference that said Windy and Barbarossa was dead.

The scene going like this: Barbarossa grab Windy, say a word or two, then jump of the balcony. Then some word from our favorite bear - Viktor - but there was no one word that tell us they are dead. So their status (before the publication) was still unclear. The publication makes its clear by saying that they are MIA. Because the information in publication doesn't contradict the game, we can accept the information.

It's like Suikoden Tenkai Heroes, because the game dont tell us their name, then its safe for us to use the name from novelization.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

whether it's official names or not, the fact is that the name "Blue Moon Rune" is synonymous with "Moon Rune" in the Suikoden community, partially due to names associated with the rune, such as Blue Moon Village and Blue Moon Curse. it's like trying to tell everyone that the Suikoden V Prince is not "Freyjadour".... if someone uses that name in a post, we'll know who they're talking about, that's good enough to most of the community even if it's not an official name. regardless of how it's come to be, these names are all acceptable to other gamers.

I'm not saying you should start throwing out your own words and names so that everybody thinks it is another name for whatever, but the point is "Blue Moon Rune" is and has been an acceptable name for the Moon Rune, although it might not be an official alias.

It would be nice to find any official sources that call it Blue Moon Rune, but it could just be that this name was drawn from Blue Moon Village/Curse.

Is "Blue Moon Rune" official? unknown
Is "Blue Moon Rune" acceptable? definitely
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@veriaqa: I don't know, but if I jumped from a high building, I'd certainly be dead or at least mortally wounded.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

KFCrispy wrote:whether it's official names or not, the fact is that the name "Blue Moon Rune" is synonymous with "Moon Rune" in the Suikoden community, partially due to names associated with the rune, such as Blue Moon Village and Blue Moon Curse. it's like trying to tell everyone that the Suikoden V Prince is not "Freyjadour".... if someone uses that name in a post, we'll know who they're talking about, that's good enough to most of the community even if it's not an official name. regardless of how it's come to be, these names are all acceptable to other gamers.
Well, i dont talk about people used blue moon rune in their posts. Its their rights. I talk about website like suikox and suikosource which in my opinion should provide people with the right information. If they have their own opinion about something, they should make a notice that this is our opinion or something like that. If not they are doing what we call public lie. :?:
KFCrispy wrote:I'm not saying you should start throwing out your own words and names so that everybody thinks it is another name for whatever,
My own words and names? Thats (Moon rune) not from mine. Its from the game itself.
KFCrispy wrote:but the point is "Blue Moon Rune" is and has been an acceptable name for the Moon Rune, although it might not be an official alias.
I agree with you. But people should know the fact. You cant hide the fact because you prefer the wrong one.
KFCrispy wrote:It would be nice to find any official sources that call it Blue Moon Rune, but it could just be that this name was drawn from Blue Moon Village/Curse.
I am sorry for you, but you wont find any official source that call it blue moon rune beside the one publication which already we mentioned here.
KFCrispy wrote:Is "Blue Moon Rune" official? unknown
It is not and it was a solid fact I would like to use caps but i hold my self.
KFCrispy wrote:Is "Blue Moon Rune" acceptable? definitely
Acceptable only in forums and fans talks. Not in a website that supposedly provide the right information.

=================================================================
Antimatzist wrote:@veriaqa: I don't know, but if I jumped from a high building, I'd certainly be dead or at least mortally wounded.
If you jumped from high building, you'd certainly be dead by now. Or at least mortally wounded. In our world.

But we talk about a world that people can shots fire from their hands/head. A world that a girl can use teleportation. Heck, we even talk about a fictional world that anything could happen there. Vampire, rune, true rune etc.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

widely accepted term or in-game exact name ??

now which should be the official one ??

oh wait, it's not even about being official or not, it's about these sites that claims to be the source of Suikoden

hmmm.. i don't understand why there's still trying to reason with veriaqa

apparently after 3 pages, nobody's come up with at least a testimony that Blue Moon Rune is the official name

now here's what i believe

i believe that if the name is never used in the game nor announced by its developers

well then, that's a name based entirely on conjecture agreed upon by a number of people

it should be duly noted by those giving the info
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we do know "Blue Moon" is used for things associated with the rune, so there is some sort of official link. i can't say for certain if it's been mentioned in other sources like the official novelizations. i think we can just leave this topic open to cite anything that calls the rune itself the Blue Moon Rune.