Is Windy like Luc?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mikain Clan King

Is Windy like Luc?

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Sure they both had a connection with Leknaat but are they like each other? Windy only wanted more power to bring peace, that is why she seeks out more true runes...Luc kind of did that by trying to destroy true runes for a 'greater good'. What is everyones opinions about this...and is it possible by time that when Barbarosa and Windy jumped off the tower that they could have lived and had Luc as a child?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Re: Is Windy like Luc?

Post by JanusThePaladin »

No to your final question, as Luc is one of the 108 SODs in Suikoden 1. Plus he's a clone of Hikusaak. As for Windy and Luc being the same, i have to disagree. Windy's actions are completely self motivated, using others as puppets and tossing them away when they no longer serve any purpose. Windy seeks revenge.

Luc on the other hand is simply misunderstood. He sought to heal the world by remove something he saw as disasterous to the Suikoden world. Luc tried to be heartless and only use people, but Sarah chose to be used by him, and Yuber is used by no one.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

is it possible that Windy could also be acting for a greater good like Luc was?

i dunno much about Windy (ages since i played SI) so i can't formulate on whatever could be Windy's hidden purpose
Mikain Clan King

Mio wrote:is it possible that Windy could also be acting for a greater good like Luc was?
This is what I meant, and it wouldn't matter if Luc was a SoD in Suikoden 1 would it unless Windy and Barbarosa met in the game which I don't remember happening. And if he is a clone of Hikusaak, would you consider him/her to be his mother/father and if Hikusaak is a boy (although Luc is a clone it doesn't excatly mean gender) could we consider Leknaat to be his mother....and do you think Leknaat has anything to do with Hikusaak?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

whoa dude

i was reading your post but nothing was registering

slow down will ya
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Mikain Clan King wrote:
Mio wrote:is it possible that Windy could also be acting for a greater good like Luc was?
This is what I meant, and it wouldn't matter if Luc was a SoD in Suikoden 1 would it unless Windy and Barbarosa met in the game which I don't remember happening. And if he is a clone of Hikusaak, would you consider him/her to be his mother/father and if Hikusaak is a boy (although Luc is a clone it doesn't excatly mean gender) could we consider Leknaat to be his mother....and do you think Leknaat has anything to do with Hikusaak?
Luc cannot be their child, no if ands or buts about it, hes a clone of Hikusaak. As for Leknaat being his mother, i could definitely agree with her being his mother in a platonic sense, but not biologically.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

do clones have mothers?
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Windy and Luc are unrelated. However, their "ambition" might be a bit alike. They both do it to make the world a better place, but all the villains do that. Luca butches innocent civilians to free the world from the citystates (the evil ones, in his eyes). Troy isn't much better, and Gizel only wants Falena to be ruled in a way which he think is more favorable.

Although they share the same ambition, none of them are related by blood.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

Luc may very well have considered Leknaat his mother... even if as a clone he were still in that adult form he would have still been a small child based on age. Didn't she "steal" him from harmonia or something like that?

Also I think it may be partially the rune itself that drove luc to try to destroy it.. most of the runes seem to have some negative side effect that the bearer has to either get over or..........

and perhaps the gate rune in two parts is like the bright shield/black sword where the will of the two parts pit them against eachother?
one way or the other i think Windy has a centuries old build up of hatered and lust for revenge.. while Luc probably just couldn't take it anymore... he had planned to die in the process anyway..

What if the hikusaak clones are not completely stable.. mentally? i really wouldnt be surprised... then again that might mean that sasarai could end up
in a similar situation later on.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Luc had problems seeing himself as "human" so he probably thought nobody was his mother. Luc had some selfish reasons but from what he tries to communicate to the Flame Champion during the final showdown, he thought he was going to give real humans a better future. Who knows, maybe the True Wind Rune chose to show him that possible future to manipulate him... so we can't say for sure if Luc was completely selfish or not, he may have even been tricked into doing it to save the world and ended up reasoning to himself that it's okay/better to kill himself with the True Wind Rune (instead of just destroying True Fire or something) because he is merely a clone.

After the Gate Clan was invaded/killed, Windy and Leknaat had to run away and hide for hundreds of years. Windy probably had imagined getting revenge on Harmonia so many times that she became a single-minded crazy lady obsessed with gaining the power of a second (and complete) true rune to get her revenage. It had become a purely selfish act over time since life moves on, especially when you're talking about hundreds of years. There was no way to rebuild the Gate Clan and she just wanted to take revenge upon Harmonia.
Even in trying to get the power to have her revenge, we do see that she seemed to become emotionally attached to the Soul Eater ("why don't you choose me?"). I mean, she sought only the Soul Eater for 300+ years.. There seems to be no reason that she chose to chase after the Soul Eater when there were other runes she could try to find. Windy was simply obsessed with her goals.
Mikain Clan King

Now that you mention Wendy in hiding....do you think Windy could have found Luc and decided to control him? Having to do with all the gathering of True runes and power it just reminded me of how Wendy did stuff.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I dont think Luc had those ambitions until he saw something happen to the world that he did not want to see.
I really think luc tried but he just did not know how.

Windy on the other hand was more evil.
She torched towns & she wanted more power which is evil enough.
She killed innocents, she used innocent people & evil for her own ambitions.
She used Ted to gain the Soul Eater.
She would destroy a whole civilization if she could to gain more power.
She wanted her sisters Front Gate rune.
She was evil as like said before Luc was more misunderstood.
I think he meant good but he did not know how to do the right thing.
He figured they was going to die anyways, he would save them the misery.

Godwins was like any Leader from any country.
They wanted more power & they almost had it too.
Their own ambitions did them in.
They even associated with the Nether gate (Hope i said it right, been awhile) to get what they desired.

Troy was a different story.
Master of the seas, misguided by Cray.
It was just a simple protecting their own borders.
Pirates & wars.
Troy was just a human being with his own emotions who was strategically intellegent.
He let them go earliar in the game.
He remembered also at the end of the game.
He was made to fight in the sea & he died in the sea.

How we fight for our country, he fought for his country & died like a soldier.
He did what he thought was right. Even when he thought something was amiss with the kooluk Govr.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

No I dont think they are at all.

Windy was manipulative, EVIL and wanted destruction (or revenge?)

Luc on the other hand let his henchmen do the dirty work and wanted to stop the curse of the True Runes.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco