Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Post by Icegryphon »

Actually in most RPGs guys wear normal clothes. I like a good set of obsidian armor. And the big thing was, he and Pesmerga both had the same armor. I'm upset Pesmerga wasn't in 3....I guess they figured that Yuber was such a big part of the story that if you had Pesmerga they'd have to flesh out their story more than they wanted to at this point in time.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Yuber's costume really did a 180 from Suikoden 2 to 3, but I've gotta say that both outfits have their appeal.

He looked much more sinister in armor, but the suit was pretty badass too.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Yuber did look more sinister with the dark armor but the suit is alot more stylish and fits his attitude a little more. I think they did the whole 180 when it came to his costume in SIII because it was more suitable for Harmonia. He was hired as muscle for Luc and since he was working for Harmonia he had to adjust to their style of wear. If you notice everyone from Harmonia has a elegant yet glorified sofisticated outfit. Luc, Sasari, Dios, Sarah, Yuber, Albert, and Nash they all have clothes that are of Harmonia.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Hmmm never thought of it like that, makes sense. When he was working for Barbarossa and Luca he had armor on, and when he was working for Luc he had the suit.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

two other examples are Lucretia and Cathari. They too of Harmonian descent have similar dress and even Cathari has an advanced weapon, a gun.

blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

That was a really good point and I really didn't think of it that way.

Kahn Marley is also from Harmonia, another example there.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Kahn's from Harmonia? I didn't know that.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

That was news to me also but I can see that he could be based on his intellegence and clothing.

blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Yeah, he's from Crystal Valley actually.
FliktorForce5

Post by FliktorForce5 »

So, it may be that this thread is dead, but I just really felt I had to put something down for my own peace of mind. People kept mentioning Chris' miniskirt in her grassland roaming outfit, but unless you've seen some sort of character art that I haven't I don't think it's a miniskirt at all. It's thigh-high boots on blue pants with a long undershirt, un-tucked, beneath a green gambeson or arming coat (essentially padded armor) you can tell it's an undershirt because the collar of the thing peeks out at the neck and sleeves of her gambeson. It was a common fashion in the renaissance to keep one's shirt un-tucked and belted at the waist, and seeing as how the Zexens are essentially the Saxons of renaissance England (they even share the same preference for oranges and purples!) it makes sense that Chris would wear something like that.

As for best dressed, I'm going to have to go with Belcoot. I mean in a land ruled by women, where ribbons dictate status, and real men wear eyeshadow, strides a lone swordsman wearing workboots and a mechanic's overalls. It was simple. It was manly. It was sorely needed. And I loved him for it.

As for worse dressed, anything "Duck" related in S3 drove me to the brink of insanity. Maybe it was just the fact that they were giant ducks with chicken feet though, so I'll try to keep it more human and go with...Sialeeds. holy crap. Designed it yourself huh? Well you don't look legally blind. Plus the whole side-ponytail thing? That hasn’t been cool for a long time. Was asymmetry just the theme for that year? If so, there’s a big difference between running with it and running too far. You stop when you hit the end-zone dear you don’t keep running to the locker rooms.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Lol. I love how you're bashing a "proclaimed Fashion Diva" such as Sialeeds. And the SIII Ducks.

Honestly, the colors from SV just raped and killed me eyes, laddie.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I liked Miakis's outfit, but Tir's really threw me off, I hated those yellow pants. Didn't see anything wrong with Lazlo's though. Prince's was colorful, and I pretty much like colors. Loved Alenia's because of the pink but I feel like Lyon's could have matched better and could be rid of the poofy sleeves. Lucretia's rocked but you'd think Cius and Lelei would get different outfits once they left the prison. Snowe's outfits are all pretty cool even if the person wearing them isn't. Cept the noble one. If I hadn't seen him from the front I would have been like

Sagiri: Who's this nut?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Tir's really threw me off, I hated those yellow pants.
Has there ever been a Suikoden character that managed to rock Banana pants?

Until anyone can prove that, I'd have to say that Tir needs to lay-off the fruity stuff.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Hehe i agreed that Tir have a Bad Fashion taste..
the shoes it makes u like aladin or Krusty the clown??
The Pants.. well Banana Pancakes Comin Right UP! :lol:

well the point is, Suikoden 5 is the best Fashion rather the other suikoden.. suikoden 3 i like it also, more like modern casual thing.. especially Flame Champ,Luc n yuber.. nice one konami...
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Post by avenger »

Jeane from S5 is the best "rawnchy outfit"

Aila, Hugo and Lucia have the best cultural outfit.

All of the Heros with the exception of Kyril and S5 , outfits were awefull...

Viki was always well dressed.

Killey had the best Original costume.

Lucresia looked very beautifull in her outfit.
Victor and Flik looked good in their outfits. more so in S2.