Zweig and Suiko2 Old Book 2 Sindar explorer same??

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Zweig and Suiko2 Old Book 2 Sindar explorer same??

Post by suiko2fan2 »

In Suikoden 2, Old book 2 is a journal of some explorer's words just before he died, he talks about the origins of the Sindar and what not before he dies. I wonder if this could maybe Zweig. I imagine his final words would be something about the sindar.

I imagine Konami made that book before they ever made Zweig's character, but nonetheless it could fit if the story, if the writers wanted it too.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mio
Banned User

Re: Zweig and Suiko2 Old Book 2 Sindar explorer same??

Post by Mio »

unless a more concrete evidence unearths itself

you know as well as i do the answer to your question

"who knows?"
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I don't know. Zweig didn't seem to have an interest in leaving Falena after S V. There are plenty Sindar Ruines which he could explore... so I don't think that he left Falena to go to Dunan.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I seem to recall a topic about this same thing a while ago...but I can't be arsed to look for it. It seems a little far-fetched to me. I mean, Konami hadn't even conceived S5 or Zweig when they made S2 and the Old Book, so it seems to be really unlikely that the two are connected. It's just the whole wooden amulet fiasco all over again.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

I don't know. Zweig didn't seem to have an interest in leaving Falena after S V. There are plenty Sindar Ruines which he could explore... so I don't think that he left Falena to go to Dunan.
Well i disagree with this argument since he could just had written that book, layed it somewhere, and then someone found and brought to Dunan...There are a lot of possibilities.
I seem to recall a topic about this same thing a while ago...but I can't be arsed to look for it. It seems a little far-fetched to me. I mean, Konami hadn't even conceived S5 or Zweig when they made S2 and the Old Book, so it seems to be really unlikely that the two are connected. It's just the whole wooden amulet fiasco all over again.
Maybe you're right, but if i can recall correctly, Estella from SIII says something about the Gordius village from Falena, making it obvious to see that they already have a planned geography about all suikoden world...And, maybe, they do about characters too, but i can't prove that.
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mushra wrote:
Well i disagree with this argument since he could just had written that book, layed it somewhere, and then someone found and brought to Dunan...There are a lot of possibilities.
Ehm, but it's pretty obvious that the author of Old Book No2 died in the Sindar Ruins in Dunan, so it's very unlikely that it's Zweig's book from Falena...
Maybe you're right, but if i can recall correctly, Estella from SIII says something about the Gordius village from Falena, making it obvious to see that they already have a planned geography about all suikoden world...And, maybe, they do about characters too, but i can't prove that.
I don't think that they planned a "men-only"-village when they made S III. It seemed to me like a funny sidenote in S V(ok, actually in SIII, since I've played S V before S III...). So Estella wasn't lying about etherything^^

Of course, they had a vague plan of the overall geography(I mean they included Falena and the Island Nations in S II, as well), but they didn't plan everything into the smallest detail. Or do you think, they planned that Morgan is a former gladiator from Falena...?
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Of course, they had a vague plan of the overall geography(I mean they included Falena and the Island Nations in S II, as well), but they didn't plan everything into the smallest detail. Or do you think, they planned that Morgan is a former gladiator from Falena...?
Yes? XD It's quite possible right?
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mushra wrote:
Yes? XD It's quite possible right?
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable ;)

EDIT:
Maybe you're right, but if i can recall correctly, Estella from SIII says something about the Gordius village from Falena, making it obvious to see that they already have a planned geography about all suikoden world...
I thought about that and if I remember correctly, Gordius isn't a man-only village in S III(after SV's events, Gordius has become available for women as well, and as we all know, S III takes place after S V), so I don't think they planned every single detail back then.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Maybe the author of the book is Alex. O_O
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Redheim wrote:Maybe the author of the book is Alex. O_O
It can't be. The writer of Book 2 dies, and Alex is alive in Suikoden 2.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Oh yeah. XD. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. :/
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Redheim wrote:Oh yeah. XD. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. :/
*Shrug* There are skeletons in the Sindar Ruins of Suikoden III. But everything is strictly stipulation. I think the OP is grasping too much to find a connection between S2 and S5 by something that's really rather insignificant.

Honestly, I always liked the idea of Zweig becoming the Royal Family's official Sindar Scholar. He'd have full financing of all his exhibitions, ample protection and freedom to do what he wants. That would be my idea ending for him.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Maybe its another man to be revealed along the next Suikoden's. I just don't know but I think Zweig's still alive at the time of SuikoII since Killey and Lorelai is. Unless.........
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Maybe its another man to be revealed along the next Suikoden's.

That's probably right.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

That would be an amazing sidekick to Suikoden II(Ok, not amazing, but still quite interesting)