Who is the character you are most interested in?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Silverberg

Re: Who is the character you are most interested in?

Post by Silverberg »

They seemed pretty adamant on fighting for Highland. I think in any story unrelated to Highland, they'd be out of place. Unless they became mercenaries like Flik and Viktor. But I don't Culgan is acts too much like Spock and wouldn't go anywhere. Christian Slater . . . I mean Seed, have more potential to be a mercenary.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Youre spot on with Christian Slater there, ive always thought they shared a resemblance. Culgans a square, Solon jhee was much cooler shame he got killed off so early so we wont be seeing anymore of him unless we go back in time again. I'd really like to see Kage or a member of kage again, when i saw jowy talking to kage for the first time i thought he might be recruitable but it was cool he was on the enemy side. Watari and Ayame where a welcome addition as well, Kage are obviously my favorite ninja group.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Marco Atreidas! I can't believe I forgot that guy, every time I get to that point where he tells Jowy that he's no longer his brother I can't help but go, "Huh, wonder what happened to him?"
If we ever get a Suikoden set in Harmonia I really hope we get to see how the Atreidas family is currently doing, be it as recruitable characters or just as part of a small side-quest.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
primierra

Post by primierra »

I had played all Suikoden series since I was a kid lol
The most interesting Character is Snowe Vingerhut IMO

other characters are boring.
Audiences want more than logic.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

S1-Sonya,Teo,Viktor
S2-Jowy,the relationship between Neclord and Sierra and that whole history,Alec Wisemail.
S3-Geddoe,I feel like with a lot of the other true rune bearers we get a lot of history or at least more to go off,so I would love more insight on him. Also,Queen,Watari and...well...Branky and Mel. For real,I think Mel is either related to Meg or the messed up child of Nanami. Annd...Landis.
S4-Kika and Elenor
S5-Ferid,Sialeeds and Lucretia.

Generally though,of course,Jeane,Leknaat,Viki and our usual regulars from the games.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

If there's anything i would want to see, it would be Ferid bossing his way through the Sacred Games.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

Zer0 wrote:If there's anything i would want to see, it would be Ferid bossing his way through the Sacred Games.
YES!!!!! Seeing a "thickskinned barbarian" like him kick ass in the sacred games would be completely worth it!
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

primierra wrote:The most interesting Character is Snowe Vingerhut IMO

Interesting. Out of all the characters available in the series, gotta be around 500-600 ish, you found Snowe Vingerhut to be the most interesting character? How? Care to elaborate on that one? Because I find him quite flat and generic myself.

Characters I'd love to know more about, are the obvious ones like Pesmerga and such. But I kind of wanna know more about Neclord as well, being a villain for two games feels like he could have been given some moments in the third, or at least more mentions than he got.

But, I guess beggars can't be choosers.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

S1:Tir
S2:Joey
S3:Chris
S4:Snow
S5:George
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I don't think I can pick just one, or even just one per game. This series has given us some pretty interesting characters.

For SI, I'll go with Yuber and the Night Rune since that's where we see them first. Plenty of mystery surrounding both, plus screen time in later games to tease a little more. Windy & Leknaat should be mentioned as well. How can you split a True Rune in half and not be interesting? :lol:

For SII, Seed & Culgan have my vote with an honorable mention going to Humphrey. The first two because I hate the thought of such cool characters potentially dying at the end, and Humphrey because the quest with Futch gave him more depth. I think it's great how they were able to build his character like that considering he almost never talks.

SIII has two of my favorite characters ever: Albert & Salome. I would pay good money to see these two working together in a future installment. I guess this is where I should add Viki. I honestly had no feelings one way or the other about her until little Viki showed up in this game. That's definitely something I would like to have explained at some point. Honorable mention here is Geddoe & co., because having their personal histories laid out would be like going to a buffet.

With SIV, I felt cheated a bit that we didn't get to experience much of Troy's perspective. Both he and Helmut had loads of internal conflict that would've given them a ton of depth had they been given more attention. I actually liked Snowe, but felt that he was sufficiently developed compared to the others.

Haven't played much of SV yet, but I'll toss in a couple of names here when I do.

As far as Jeane is concerned, I think she'd be more interesting to me if we knew what her mystery is. That might seem backwards, but it's just how I feel about her. Oh, and if that dog really is Pesmerga then that makes him interesting, too :lol:
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
primierra

Post by primierra »

Hirathien wrote:
primierra wrote:The most interesting Character is Snowe Vingerhut IMO

Interesting. Out of all the characters available in the series, gotta be around 500-600 ish, you found Snowe Vingerhut to be the most interesting character? How? Care to elaborate on that one? Because I find him quite flat and generic myself.

Characters I'd love to know more about, are the obvious ones like Pesmerga and such. But I kind of wanna know more about Neclord as well, being a villain for two games feels like he could have been given some moments in the third, or at least more mentions than he got.

But, I guess beggars can't be choosers.
Because Snowe is The only character who always make me curious about him early in the game and the reason why I want finish S IV which has BAD sound, gameplay, typograph, background, animation *pointing how lazlo run*, costume design, etc.

I think some people know he is realistic character that is why I found him the most interesting character in all series.

about Pesmerga,Viki, Jeanne, Yuber, Eresh, Mazus, Crowley, Zerase, and all mysterious characters. I want know more about them too BUT iam not interesting to their characterizations because their characters are commonly found in the fictional world.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I must be the only person who's not interested in Jeane. I always resented her a little...I think I'm jealous because all the men love her.

The character I'm the most interested in is Hikusaak. But a lot of people are saying Hikusaak, so I'll include my personal reasons why. Or rather, a bunch of questions I have about him.

1. Why is he trying to collect all the runes? Is he hoping for the power? Does he think that possessing all True Runes will make him a god? Is he a Well-Intentioned Extremist who thinks that by holding all the True Runes in one place, there will be peace on earth? Because naturally, he would think that he himself is free of corruption.

2. What exactly does the Circle Rune do? It must have a reason for existing--and I doubt that reason is to remove all shape, color, and sound from the world. I'm guessing that's what could happen if the Circle Rune becomes corrupted, or possibly if a rune that counters it (Chaos?) is destroyed. What sort of power does it give Hikusaak? If he does seek to use its power to bring about the world Luc foresaw, why? Does he wish for a world without war, and feel that the only way to achieve that is to rid the world of life as we know it?

3. Has Hikusaak created other clones besides Luc and Sasarai to bear True Runes? Are they serving Harmonia like Sasarai, or have they fled or been "kidnapped"? If not, why did he wait so long to clone Luc and Sasarai?

4. Finally, does Hikusaak even exist? It is said that no one has seen him or the Circle Rune for hundreds of years. If that's the case, does Luc know for sure that he's the one who cloned himself? Is Hikusaak at the top, or does he also have to answer to somebody? Is it possible that somebody--or an entire group--is giving orders in Hikusaak's name?

Maybe Hikusaak was a good man who eventually died and whose memory was corrupted. I have a feeling that he's the one character who ties everything together.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Racheal: I also think Hikusaak is a very interetsing person and I have also countless theories. I like to think that he isn't ruling anymore, and is maybe held captive by the "government" and used by them - but still they use him as a symbol of the nation. I also like to think that he was an diealistic hero and wanted to free his country from corruption, injustice etc. - but the new country he helped creating was not better... at least that's my fanfictionized interpretation. :D

@topic: Don't know if I ever said it here, but I think Rikimaru is one of my alltime favourites and I want to know more about him and his past. Will he get his revenge? What happened in the past?

I don't really know why I like him so much, maybe because he rules when you first recruit him with his Level 5 weapon^^
primierra

Post by primierra »

Antimatzist wrote:

I don't really know why I like him so much, maybe because he rules when you first recruit him with his Level 5 weapon^^

Iam pretty lucky to get him when the sindar ruin mission as well as Shiro.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

For me ...

01 Yuber
02 Grenseal (greatest swordsman ever?)
03 Apple
04 Luc
05 Flame champion
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?