About the Silverberg family....

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mojim

About the Silverberg family....

Post by Mojim »

So far we know that Leon can summon creatures/monsters or whatever from the other world. So my question is besides Albert (Leon's grandson) who can summon monsters also...do you guys think the other Silverberg family know how to do that? I mean where did he learn that?
All that I know is only magicians can do that, but I could be wrong too though.

Another big question mark for me is, where or when did the Suikoden games mentioned about Leon's son and father to Albert and Ceasar? Someone clear this one for me...:O
freshmetal

Re: About the Silverberg family....

Post by freshmetal »

I don't recall Leon or Albert being able to summon monsters. Yuber and Luc could summon in S3, but that was it I think.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Mojim wrote:So far we know that Leon can summon creatures/monsters or whatever from the other world. So my question is besides Albert (Leon's grandson) who can summon monsters also...do you guys think the other Silverberg family know how to do that? I mean where did he learn that?
All that I know is only magicians can do that, but I could be wrong too though.

Another big question mark for me is, where or when did the Suikoden games mentioned about Leon's son and father to Albert and Ceasar? Someone clear this one for me...:O

If you're talking about how Leon summoned the last boss (beast rune) in Suikoden 2, he really didn't, he just used his blood to awaken the beast.
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

I believe that Leon and Albert knew HOW to summon monsters, but they didn't do that by themselves. They probably had some magicians to do that.
Mojim

Post by Mojim »

Occam Arkitect wrote: If you're talking about how Leon summoned the last boss (beast rune) in Suikoden 2, he really didn't, he just used his blood to awaken the beast.
Not that one...I mean he's the one that summoned Yuber in S2 is he not? That's what I'm refering to.
Mojim

Post by Mojim »

WichitaQ wrote:I believe that Leon and Albert knew HOW to summon monsters, but they didn't do that by themselves. They probably had some magicians to do that.
But in Suikoden III Albert summoned a purple-ish girl monster (sorry dunno the name) at the Sindar ruins (final place). There he was supposed to guard the True Fire rune from the enemies, but then he abondoned his post. He escaped by summoned the monster to let him teleport which he did it by himself! And plus he's the one that summoned Yuber.

Also I read some article saying that he learned that from his grandpa (Leon) which Leon wrote a book how to summon monsters only for the Silverberg family. Yes the Silverberg are famous for their strategist skills and maybe...maybe they also have talent about using magic?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yup Mojim is right

Both Leon and Abert can summon monsters and both have summoned Yuber
Addepadde

Post by Addepadde »

son_michael wrote:yup Mojim is right

I dont think them summoned him. More that he appeared before them.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Addepadde wrote:
son_michael wrote:yup Mojim is right

I dont think them summoned him. More that he appeared before them.
I don't know where, but it's told in-game that he's summoned
sun rune

Post by sun rune »

this is how leon call on yuber

During the Gate Rune War, Leon Silverberg takes note of Yuber's prowess and learns to summon him himself, which he does in the Dunan Unification War of Suikoden II. In that war, Yuber fights for the Highland Kingdom, but deserts when it becomes clear that Highland will lose. Leon would later compile information on Yuber into a book given only to members of the Silverberg family. Albert Silverberg (Leon's grandson) would later use this book to summon Yuber in Suikoden III to further his and Luc's plans. Yuber willingly agrees to help Luc for
sun rune
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Leon is a good guy deep down udner that hard exterior. He was helping Jowy, and likely summoned the beast rune because he knew Riou and friends could destroy it.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I dont believe they destroyed it. As we know the destruction of a True Rune would have catastrophic consequences. My understanding is they defeated it, therefore causing it to expend all the power it had. But this of course is off topic.

Its a fact: Leon did summon Yuber, as did Albert.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I dont believe they destroyed it. As we know the destruction of a True Rune would have catastrophic consequences. My understanding is they defeated it, therefore causing it to expend all the power it had. But this of course is off topic.
Your correct, I made a stupid error when I said "Destroy" I had meant "Defeat".
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
sun rune

Post by sun rune »

by Riou, could defeat the monstrous incarnation.

After its defeat, the power of the Beast Rune became dormant once again and the Rune itself left L'Renouille. Its present location is unknown.
sun rune
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

So the beast rune still alive or not? someone have it? that's could mean there now 26 true rune....