Characters you wish you could have played as

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Chaco

Re: Characters you wish you could have played as

Post by Chaco »

And I really wish Troy could have been playable(he kinda reminded me of seperioth from ff a little, thats why)
Umm okay those two are nothing alike.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

He was the best swordsman in the game, like seperioth was the best of ff, thats why

but would it be possible to get Troy with gameshark or something? he has a battle sprite when you fight him on the kooluk ship(in that case you could get Colton too I guess).
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

He was the best swordsman in the game, like seperioth was the best of ff, thats why
I thought you meant Troy has the same personality as Sephiroth. Oh, and about Gameshark. I don't think you could do it, unless Troy had a sprite somewhere in the game where he was on the players side of the battlefield.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I wanted Paula. Elves are cool.
Ferid for combat, and Lucretia cuz i wanna be smart
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

for a NPC I'd love to play as Oboro is SV. Hes cool, calm, and collective almost a little sarcastic at times with a little mystery to his background. I also thought it would be cool just to be a detective. If not him then either Ace in S3 or Kyle is SV they are both hilarious with great scripts. "Carrot eating veggie head" Ace "I'm glad this castle has thick walls" Kyle lmao
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I've got a couple;

* Boz Wilde: felt could have been badass.
* Jeane in Suiko I, along with Viki. Eventually got my wish.
* Ridley Wizen: With either a badass claymore or a whip, as he displays earlier in the game.
* Yam Koo in II - Felt Tai Ho was missing a combo with him in II.
* Gremio in II - So close yet not playable... :?:
* Euram: What is even the point of recruiting him? He's useless. I'm taking Eresh from now on, let Barows burn.
* Oboro: He's Nether Gate, so he should kick butt like it too...

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who is going to bed now. Good night.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Ridley and Gilbert in 2

I don't understand why you can't play as them in battles, they look like they can handle themselves.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Jeremiah Ecks wrote:* Euram: What is even the point of recruiting him? He's useless. I'm taking Eresh from now on, let Barows burn.
Technically Euram was there to finish up the story of the once proud Barows family. If you pick him, he pretty much gets a chance to rebuild the name of Barows back up, after it was known for many bad things. I picked Eresh my first time around than Euram. Euram was a better pick if you wanted a more complete ending.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Jeremiah Ecks wrote:He's useless. I'm taking Eresh from now on, let Barows burn.
I only played once and picked Eresh, as well, but that was mainly due to the items and experience that I would get in the dungeon that allowed me to recruit her. But I suppose one could do the dungeon for the items, etc and end up not recruiting her at the end, right?

I see Sandal's point (reminds me of Snowe, actually, but Snowe is useful in battle at least). Personally, I wish I could have played as his sister, Luserina. I liked her a lot because of both her character and her looks/outfit.
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

S1: Esmeralda, Vincent, Max, Taggart, Window.
S2: Gilbert, Taki, Leona, Max, Ridley, Yam Koo, Gremio.
S3: Eike, Sebastian, Muto, Barts.
S4: Deborah, Tanya, Adrienne, Colton.
S5: Boz, Craig, Shinro, Shula, Euram, Wilhelm, Volga. The monsters also deserved special war units.

I generally like to see more older people as they are so little represented in RPGS. Hellion, for instance, is the only playable old woman I have ever seen in an RPG. I also enjoy characters that look like they have no business being anywhere near a battlefield.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I suppose in Suikoden 1 it would be Joshua, I don't remember him ever being used in battles.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Gilbert and Ridley are excellent choices. I'm quite fascinated by Gilbert's character - he has history with the others, but it's never really expanded upon. Plus I love me old freewheeling mercenaries... :lol:

However, between Eresh and Euram, I know with Euram it's a more 'complete' story but that depends on your POV. Eresh sets off yet more mysteries with Jeane, but at least she's useable and interesting. Euram may be interesting but when *SPOILER* attacks him and Salum, and you know the scene I mean if you've seen it, at that point as far as I care, Euram's story can finish, with the Barows family in tatters. Sure, he rebuilds it and restores its name and that's nice and sunshine and apple pie, but at that point in the game, it's fairly uninteresting to me because of the fact that Euram doesn't actually do anything in your team. If he was playable or useable in battles, I might be more enamoured, but he isn't so I'm not.

-Jeremiah Ecks.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Leon481 wrote: Hellion, for instance, is the only playable old woman I have ever seen in an RPG.
Except Jeane and Zerase? :P

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who wonders how old Jeane really is. :lol:
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

I have some people i wish were not playable.

Viki and Jeane being the top 2. Had it not been for Suikoden 3 and 4 (Young Viki and Jeane 150 years in the past) I'd think they'd have alot smaller fanbase. I'm just not a big fan of people who are thrown in for the sake of mystery like Pesmerga

Also i don't like Zerase why the heck did she replace Luc. I know Luc is dead in 3 but he's still alive and well for another 30 years in S5. You can't tell me he was doing something important either because Leknaat didn't mind sending him away for years at a time to fight in random wars Zerase was only there to make the Night and Sun rune connection she'll never be seen again until one of them is relevent again and the sun rune will probably never be relevent again.

Also I dont like all the children in Suikoden 3. Hugo, Melville, Elliot, Alanis, Emily, Sanae Y, Sharon why so many children during a war. I get that 3 of them represent parents from previous games but christ if your gonna give me children let me never have to use them unfortnitly some of these kids fight better then adults.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

snakebite105 wrote:Also i don't like Zerase why the heck did she replace Luc. I know Luc is dead in 3 but he's still alive and well for another 30 years in S5. You can't tell me he was doing something important either because Leknaat didn't mind sending him away for years at a time to fight in random wars Zerase was only there to make the Night and Sun rune connection she'll never be seen again until one of them is relevent again and the sun rune will probably never be relevent again.
Luc would have been too young in Suikoden V. He is about 14-15 in Suikoden I which would make him around 4-5 in V. Zerase is one of my favorite characters, but even if I hated her, I'd take her over a 4-5 year old.