Characters you wish you could have played as

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
AndyJP

Characters you wish you could have played as

Post by AndyJP »

I can't recall everyone that I really wanted to play as in the Suikoden games.. but definitely these two spring to mind: Ferid (S5) and Ridley (S2)

Ferid was made out to be some really amazing warrior that was even superior to Georg in battle, yet we are never given the chance to experience his greatness beyond cutscenes.

Ridley is the only Kobold I ever thought actually looked cool and I was really looking forward to playing as him, so I was quite disappointed when he was only an army general.

Hmm, now that I think about it, Dilber, Wilhelm, Mueller and Boz from S5 were some others I wish I had the chance to play as (Suikoden V still on the mind).
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Yes definitely Boz in S5. I wanted to play as him the second I saw him. I was also bummed that I couldn't get Gremio to come with Tir in S2. Some bodyguard he is!
PSN: FreshMetal80
Intraman

Post by Intraman »

oh do you mean in battle?
Then I would have liked to play as Euram.

I wouldn't mind playing a Flik or Victor in a metroid/castlevania type of game either heh. or maybe even a DMC styled one..
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I was over disappointed when I realized Elza (S2) was not playable.
I d be be over the moon if she were to be a S o D in a coming Suikoden.

Linfa as well would have been a prety cool characterr to fight with.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Elza and Anabelle from S2.

Even if it was only temporary, Anabelle looked like she'd be a badass fighter.
Purr.
Baggy

Post by Baggy »

most of the chefs! You could take Hai Yo into battle with his pots and pans, why not Retso or Shun Min? Maybe with cooking knives or something?

Also Egbert.

I'm not a big fan of army-general-only characters. They seem more like space fillers than anything.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Oh there sure are some characters I wish I could play. I'll list some of them here.

-Boz Wilde = he and General Dinn seem to be good friends and I would like to see a combo attack of those 2.

-Craig Laden = well as a knight and commanding officer of the Dragon Cavalry, he sure must have good skills.

-King Ferid!!!= *sniff* why did he had to die??? He was a brilliant swordsman, the only one who was able to top Georg's skills, a great father and a true warrior! I guess Georg and the thick skin barbarian would make a perfect team.

-Egbert = After landing the final blow on the enemy I wish to hear something like: "Did you see that FILTHY DEVIL GODWINS??" :)

-Dilber Novum = Oh I wish I could recruit him! He is a man of honor and a great general. Too bad he has such a tragic story.

-Wilhelm and Mueller = Well those 2 mercenaries sure have some guts. A 3 man combo attack together with Richard would be DEVASTATING!

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Haha, I thought Boz was a really neat guy the second I saw him. And when he stated that he was a god on the battlefield with his Axe I FOR SURE thought he was going to be a playable character. But no, nope. Just a war general :( But at least he's a good war general :P
AndyJP

Post by AndyJP »

Pokerface wrote:Oh there sure are some characters I wish I could play. I'll list some of them here.

-Boz Wilde = he and General Dinn seem to be good friends and I would like to see a combo attack of those 2.

-Craig Laden = well as a knight and commanding officer of the Dragon Cavalry, he sure must have good skills.

-King Ferid!!!= *sniff* why did he had to die??? He was a brilliant swordsman, the only one who was able to top Georg's skills, a great father and a true warrior! I guess Georg and the thick skin barbarian would make a perfect team.

-Egbert = After landing the final blow on the enemy I wish to hear something like: "Did you see that FILTHY DEVIL GODWINS??" :)

-Dilber Novum = Oh I wish I could recruit him! He is a man of honor and a great general. Too bad he has such a tragic story.

-Wilhelm and Mueller = Well those 2 mercenaries sure have some guts. A 3 man combo attack together with Richard would be DEVASTATING!

Pokerface
Ooh Craig Laden!! I forgot about him. Definitely him. He didn't even have a dragon horse did he?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I wanted Tanya and Agnes in S4. :roll:
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Occam Arkitect wrote:I wanted Tanya and Agnes in S4. :roll:
What would they do, wave a book around?

Oh wait... *thinks of S2's godawful Nina*
Purr.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I always wanted to have these characters in my party when I was playing:

- Teo: it would have been great to have a father son Unite attack with Tir. Plus he looked like he could kick a lot of arse with one hand behind his back. Shame he died.
- Jowy: the Black Sword Rune and the Unite with Riou were awesome. I was genuinely gutted when he killed Anabelle and joined Highland, even though it did make sense for the purpose of the story.
- Lucia: she too looked like she could kick a lot of arse with one hand behind her back.
- Troy: there were the stories about how great a fighter he was; would have been interesting to see him fight on your side against Cray.
- Commander Glen: it would have been interesting to see how his relationship with Lazlo would have developed had he not died. I would have preferred him over some of the other SoD's that you had to recruit.
- Ferid: for the same reasons listed above.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Well, you can use Lucia in Suikoden 3 and she does kick ass.
Purr.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

You can use Jowy too, for a good chunk of the game too.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Pollensalta wrote:Well, you can use Lucia in Suikoden 3 and she does kick ass.
I'm sure you're right but I don't remember that, at what point?